Shoreline (part one) | Barley Lightfoot

ZombiePanda_OnCrack made this art inspired by the introductory imagine from earlier this week that has kicked off this series!

i really appreciate you guys and all of your art and your own writing inspired by my Onward imagines. thank you for sending it, tagging me in it, and showing me all of it! <333 much love to all of u

this will be a 3 part series. the previous "Shoreline" will count as a introduction to the series :- )

/ / /

The very next day, Ian didn't know where to start besides the internet. All he knew was that he wanted to do this for his big brother. Throughout all of the years, Barley had done so much for him, but Ian couldn't do as much in return. Other than holding off the dragon to give him a chance to meet his dad and repainting the side of Guinevere II, he hadn't done that many great things for him.

"I really want to do this for Barley," Ian told his mom after school one day.

She smiled. "I know you do, sweetie."

"Is there any day Dad might've left some other wizard stuff? Is there anything that could be in the attic?"

"I honestly don't know. I don't think so. If there were anything else, I would've found it and I... I don't think I've seen anything. You're welcome to go look, though."

Ian sighed and nodded. Before Barley came home, he went up to the attic and looked through everything. There wasn't a single thing that could help him, not even the old history books.

He was defeated and frustrated. He had searched the entirety of every magic history blog and had read through all of the books he could find. He had stayed late at school and even went to the library during study hall and sat in front of the computers. He pretended to be doing science homework while the librarian walked by, but as soon as she left for lunch, he began researching spells.

There had to be a spell out there that could give a mermaid legs.

"I seriously can't find one," he said a week later, putting his face in his hands.

Laurel reached across the counter and smoothed down the curls on the side of his head. "Sweetheart, you know... the best person to ask about this spell of yours... is honestly Barley himself."

Ian took a deep breath.

He walked up the stairs and raised a fist. He slowly tapped on Barley's door. The music inside stopped. "Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" Ian asked.

"Sure," he said. "It's unlocked."

Ian pushed the door open and stepped inside. He glanced around at the messy room. Clothes were strewn across the floor, old bottles and cans piled up on his nightstand and desk. His speakers were half covered with blankets that had been pulled off of his bed.