Homeward Bound (part four) | Barley Lightfoot

thank you to everyone who has started their own snow queen!reader x barley or ian story inspired by my own! here are a few for you all to read if you really enjoy this concept!

Into the Unknown (Ian Lightfoot x Fem!Reader) by MadTripHoezz

Ahtohallan (Barley Lightfoot x Reader) by cleobellawrites

The Calling (Barley Lightfoot x Reader) by Melonhead15

you can find all of these imagines/series in these author's onward/pixar imagines books! thank you to everyone who has tagged me in their onward stories. i truly enjoy reading all of them and you all are so talented <3

 i truly enjoy reading all of them and you all are so talented <3

You knew that you were dreaming, but it felt too real. You didn't feel safe.

You were in the van, laying back with your arms behind your head. Barley and Ian were talking together still, and you couldn't make out a single word that they were saying over the sound of the loud singing. The voice was calling you again, but this time it was getting louder and louder and louder.

Finally, you had enough. You sat up and covered your ears, flattening your palms all the way against your head. You cringed against the loudness. Covering your ears only made it worse; the sound was inside of your mind.

"Please," you whispered. "I hear you. You can stop---"

"You belong here, you know." You didn't know the voice.

The van jerked to the side. You gasped and fell onto the van floor. Glancing up at Barley and Ian, you saw that they were unaffected by what had just happened.

"Can you face what the river knows?" A different voice again. A stronger one.

"Did we just get hit?" you asked them, but they didn't answer you. You stood up and looked out the window to see a flash of blue --- a horse made of water was galloping right up against the van. Every few moments, it would knock against the van, threatening to tip it over, right into the water on the left side of the road. "Barley! Stop the van!"

He didn't stop. The horse knocked it again, the voice got louder.

"Not too far, or you'll be drowned."

You shouted, "Barley! Stop the van!"

As soon as you screamed, you realized that you were sitting up in the seat again. Barley slammed on the brakes and glanced back at you. Breathing hard, you got up and ran to the back of the van. You threw the doors open.

Barley had pulled over on the side of the road on a nearly empty street. There wasn't an ocean on your left or a horse made of water attacking you. The voice was silent in your head.

You climbed out and stood on the road. The wind whipped your hair around and you hugged your arms close to you.

Wordlessly, Barley got out of the van and approached you. He slowly put his arms around you. You sighed, embarrassed, and dropped your head.