You're Cute | Ian Lightfoot

it's currently storming where i live so this is the best time to write this request! this was requested by HypnoAngel03

also wanted to share the little post-it sketch that jarvisdropmyneedle07 did of ian. it's so sweet <3

 it's so sweet <3

/ / /

Ian squeezed his eyes shut as a third balled up piece of paper bounced off of his forehead. A sigh blew past his lips and he tilted his head up from his book, eyeing you suspiciously as you pretended that you were still reading your textbook.

"You know we're the only people here," he said, "and so it's kinda obvious that you're the one throwing stuff at me."

You couldn't hide your smile anymore. You flashed a wide grin and raised your eyebrows. "Uh, excuse me Ian, but Blazey is right here." You pointed to the dragon that was curled up beside your feet. She popped her head out at the mention of her name. "I think it's pretty rude that you forgot about her, personally."

Ian laughed. "Blazey doesn't know how to throw things."

"And you doubt her," you said, shaking your head. "Unbelievable."

Shaking his head, Ian stood up and walked to the front door. "Come on, Blazey. I might as well let you out to play for a while."

The dragon excitedly got to her feet and scrambled forward, knocking against the backs of Ian's legs as she padded her way to the front door. He opened it and she slipped outside, knocking over Laurel's potted plants. Ian winced but shut the door.

Before he turned around, another wad of paper bounced off the side of his head. He sighed and looked at you.

"Man, she's getting pretty good, huh?" you asked. "She threw that right through the wall."

"Ha ha," he said, "very funny."

You blinked innocently at him. "If you read the notes I was throwing at you, maybe you'd think it was cute, not funny."

Ian rolled his eyes and picked up the wad of paper. As he straightened it in his palms, he saw that the note said "you're cute" on it. It was enough to make his cheeks heat up and his skin to flush purple.

"Okay," he said, "I guess that's pretty cute."

"Yeah, thank you," you said. You stood up and skipped over to him. You bumped against him gently as you moved your hands to link together at the back of his neck. His hands found their usual place on your waist and you pulled him down to kiss you, muffling both of your laughs.

All of a sudden, thunder clashed outside loudly, destroying the perfectly sunny, beautiful day that you had been enjoying.

You and Ian bumped heads at the loud sound and you pulled back, your heart skipping a beat and your skin rushing cold. You hated storms, and you didn't (and couldn't) hide that as you gripped Ian's shoulders a little too roughly and worked on trying not to panic. The rain pounded against the window loudly now, stealing away the sunshine.

"Oh no, Blazey!" Ian said. He turned and opened the door. Sticking his head out, he yelled, "Blazey! C'mere, girl! Oh no, no, no --- don't get in the mud! Bad dragon!"

As his pet neared the front door, he bent down and grabbed her by the collar. He lead her inside carefully and helped her wipe her feet on the rug before he let her inside. He sighed out in relief; no ruined kitchen floors would get him grounded today.

You were hugging yourself now, trembling slightly as the thunder clashed again. Blazey hurriedly ran past you, stomping all over your feet as she fled to her lair. You didn't react as you stared out the window.

Ian shook the rain out of his curls and laughed. "Look, it's really coming down. I only looked out there for a second and my hair is soaked."

When you didn't say anything, he looked at you, and then he remembered what you had told him about being afraid of thunderstorms.

Oh, he thought, that's right. It was time for him to step in and be a good boyfriend/best friend.

"Hey," Ian said softly, gently pulling you in and against his chest. "Hey, it's okay. I'm right here."

You shut your eyes and let yourself be held by him. It took a lot of will to loosen your arms enough; you felt like your heart would leap directly out of your chest if you let go, but Ian had you. He had you and he wasn't going to let go of you. You knew you were safe with him.

So you let go of yourself and breathed in deeply, breathing in the scent of his laundry soap from his grey sweatshirt. Your arms went around him and you held him tightly against you, where you felt safer than you ever had.

"Can I do anything?" he asked, worry clear in his voice. He hated how scared you got. It made him sad and it made him afraid for you.

The thunder clashed again, and you tightened your grip on him. "I'll be okay. It's not so bad."

But it was bad, and he knew that you were terrified. You were shaking hard against him. Your eyes were screwed shut. You were just embarrassed of being scared in front of him, which he didn't completely understand, because he was pretty much horrified of every single thing that ever happened to him.

"You know, I'm not scared of thunderstorms," he said, "but I am scared of a lot of other things. Like, uh... heights, for one. Being arrested. Unicorns, oddly enough. Merging on the highway..."

You opened your eyes slowly. "Unicorns, Ian? Really?"

"They hiss at me!" he exclaimed. "And all I'm doing is taking the trash out but they hiss at me like I'm threatening them!"

You laughed and shook your head as you leaned back to look at him. He kissed you on the forehead and you finally felt like you could breathe. The storm was growing quiet; Ian's arms were warm. That was all you needed.

"Thank you," you said. "Can we get back to studying?"

"Sure," he said.

You pulled away and went back to your seat, only to be stopped by the gentle smack of a wad of paper bouncing off of your forehead. You looked at Ian, who innocently gazed out the window, watching the rain drip down the glass.

You rolled your eyes and looked at the note. It was the same one you had thrown at him.

you're cute

Suddenly he was wrapping his arms around you from behind your chair and kissing your cheek. You smiled and laughed in surprise.

"You're cute," he said, and he hugged you for just a moment longer as the thunder rolled somewhere in the far, far distance.