Awaiting A Knight So Bold (part three) | Ian Lightfoot

to make up for not updating yesterday, here is a very long final part to this series and also three songs from the shrek soundtracks that are so good and if you don't listen to them, you're missing out

yes so enjoy these guys. 

shrek is one of my favorite animated films of all time and fiona has always been one of my favorite princesses so i hope you found this shrek inspired series enjoyable!! thank you all for reading it so far 

/ / /

You approached the orange van and gasped loudly. "Wow, that is so cool! Is that you guys?" You pointed to the painting on the side of two elves.

"Yeah," Ian said with a chuckle.

Barley rolled down the driver's side window.  "Ah, it be your first encounter with Guinevere the Second!"

You touched your hand to the side and glanced back at Ian. "This is your noble steed?"

"Uh... sure?"

You beamed at Barley. "She's magnificent."

"Aha! Guinevere the Second has won the heart of even her royal highness," Barley said. "Oh Iandore, perhaps help the princess onto our trusty steed?"

"O-Okay," he said, smiling nervously. He walked to the back and pulled open the door. "Here you g-go, your majesty."

"You really don't have to keep up with the theatrics. Although I appreciate the effort your brother is giving, I understand that these are not the days of Yore, and the world outside of my kingdom has moved on without our knowledge."

"Oh, I like the theatrics too," he said. "I may not be as great at it as my brother but I'm a brave knight and great wizard, aren't I?" He bent forward with a bow. "Your chariot awaits, milady."

You laughed softly and touched your hand to your heart. "Oh, sir Iandore of Lightfoot, I thank you." You bowed your head. "Thy deed is great, thy heart is pure. I am eternally in your debt."

Ian looked at you and blinked slowly. "Uh... sure."

You giggled. His cheeks tinged pink and you took his hand so that you could climb into the van easily. As your hand left his, he stared at you with a warm expression.

He glanced at you and a smile slowly stretched across his face. He paused for a moment as he shut the door.

"Oh Iandore, come on!" Barley called. "We are ready to head out."

"Coming!" Ian said, blinking himself out of his thoughts.

/ / /

You laughed from your seat, your long braid slipping off of your shoulder. You shook your head and wiped tears from underneath your eyes.

"That's the funniest thing I have ever heard," you said.

"Yup." Barley stretched back in his seat, removing one hand from the wheel to pat his stomach. "Moral of the tale is that my gut is all-knowing."