𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 | ✓

When Allison awoke, she woke up with a pounding headache. She was just glad that it was Saturday today and that Gryffindor was playing against Ravenclaw. She got ready and decided to go to the Great Hall alone, leaving Elle still asleep. The Great Hall at this time wasn't packed with people that much. Allison found herself sitting next to Mayleen, who continued to read The Daily Prophet like her entire life depended on it.

"I see you are in love," Mayleen commented when Allison grabbed breakfast. "With my kind."

"Am not!" Allison said as she blushed a deep red. Was she in love? Blaise was pleasing to look at, no, he was beyond pleasing to look at. And whenever he was near, Allison couldn't help but look at him and indulge in the fantasies her mind spewed. Maybe she was in love with him after all.

"Lie to yourself and eventually you'll believe it." Mayleen said and folded the paper to look Allison in her dead eyes. "Ask him out then, on the next Hogsmeade outing."

The coffee Allison had been busy sipping while Mayleen spoke, shot out her mouth and she had to apologize to Gregory Goyle, who merely narrowed his eyes at Allison.

"Are you fucked?!" She hissed. "Even if I do like him, he won't like me back. I'm not his type." Allison sighed, it was true, even if she did find Blaise attractive, he'd never find her attractive. He was just using her to get what he wanted. That's the way snakes worked. They were born like this, they were born vicious, backstabbers, vain, two faced, any other appalling word there can be. It always was and always will be, no one could ever change that.

"Have you ever asked him what type of girls he's in to? I know for a fact that it isn't me." Mayleen hummed. "I can't think of any other reason why he'd be looking at us at the moment. Unless you want to tell me that he suddenly fancies Goyle."

Allison's eyes snapped towards where Mayleen was looking, and sure enough, there sat Blaise, looking at them with such interest it made Allison's stomach churn with bile. He only looked away when the passing Slytherin girl slapped him firmly on the back and Blaise beamed at her.

"He might have been looking at the newspaper, waiting for the perfect time to ask for it." Allison weakly suggested and Mayleen chuckled.

"Yes, that's exactly what he was looking at."

☆☆☆

Allison shook in fear as she entered Snape's empty and dark classroom. Well, his former class. Everyone was at the Quidditch game and she thought that this might be the perfect timing to come look for something deadly to give to Ron. As she scanned the bottles and their labels closely, she didn't hear the door creek open or the footsteps heading towards her.

"May I be of assistance to you Ms Newton?" Allison shrieked, dropping the bottle labeled something in the line of bloodroot. She looked around to see Professor Snape standing behind her, arms crossed over his chest, looking almost bored.

"Oh um...." Allison began, feeling as though she was going to faint any time soon. She feared Professor Snape, he always looked at her in an odd way, a way that made Allison scared and uncomfortable. "I was-" She swallowed, trying to wet her suddenly dry throat. "I was looking for you Professor!"

"The reason being?" He asked, raising a dark brow. That was a good question. How could Allison lie and actually get away with it? She wasn't skilled in lying like Elle, she didn't know how to use persuading words like Mayleen. She was just Allison, the girl who could turn anything into a bed.

Before Allison could respond or even lick her now very dry lips, the door burst open, Cormac entering.

"Ah Al! I see you've found Professor Snape to ask him about your Amortentia." Cormac beamed, winking at Allison, and she sighed in relief.

"You should be asking Professor Slughorn about that, seeing as he is the Potions Professor now." Snape drawled out and Allison's eyes landed on what seemed to be labeled as deadly and she raked her brain. Mmh, she thought, what would Mayleen do?

"But Professor! You're the Potions Master!" Allison said, smiling. "Besides, Professor Slughorn's only interest is Harry and his newly found interest for Potions. He doesn't even spare a second glance at us dunderheads."

Professor Snape narrowed his dark eyes at her. "Why did you need to ask me about your potion?" Professor Snape asked, closing his eyes for a second but that's all Allison needed. She quickly grabbed the bottle and stuffed it in her pocket.

"Well, Cormac said he could smell at least four different things and all I could smell was one. I was just wondering why." Allison said, licking her dry lips as she nervously wrung her fingers.

"Any scoundrel with half a decent brain could decipher what that would mean in a heartbeat." Snape muttered under his breath and Allison beamed. "It means that you only love one thing Ms Newton."

"Oh thank you Professor." Allison said, still beaming, dragging Cormac out with her. "What are you doing here?"

"I so happened to see you sneak in and when I saw Snape enter, I knew you were going to freak. So, you're welcome." Cormac said, rolling his brown eyes.

"I never thanked you." Allison hissed back, folding her arms over her chest, glaring at him. "And I meant what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there? As a reserve Keeper?"

"I don't even know why I'm still trying, you know? With the king clearly dominating the position."

"Oh sod off, that guy? He's a prick." Allison snorted when Cormac smiled at her. "Harry only let him on because he felt sorry for him you know? That his sister did better than him at tryouts and made you look the fool to make him feel better."

"You're right! He has no talent!"

"A talentless prick!" Allison beamed at him when he laughed. "You know, if I can help you, say I don't know, get on the team, and maybe, you know, get to become the permanent Keeper, would you say yes?"

"Blimey Al! Even if the Bloody Baron offered me that I'd say yes! With Wood gone, it's only that bloody Weasley standing between me and being a Keeper."

Allison smiled at him evilly, fingers running over the bottle she had snatched. "I've got that bit covered, you don't worry."