𝐓𝐄𝐍 : 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 | ✓

Allison and Cormac walked through Hogsmeade (McGonagall agreed to let the go even though it wasn't a Hogsmeade weekend since it was the Christmas break. McGonagall put it in a different way though, "a fellow Gryffindor was poisoned and nearly killed, but that happened weeks ago, I don't see any harm."), and Allison pointed to the robe shop, as she just remembered that she doesn't have a dress for the party and dragged Cormac behind her, who gave a groan and grumbled something under his breath. (Probably about him not understanding why Allison didn't bring Hermione or Luahana or Masami with.)

"Hello dearies, may I be of assistance to you?" The old, puddgy shop owner asked and Allison let go of Cormac's arm and looked around quickly and saw a dress she liked.

"Hello, and yes, I'm looking for a dress." Allison smiled at the lady, who nodded and told Allison to put her hands up before she took her measurements. (Though Allison didn't know why, she could have just asked for her size-old people right?)

"I think these three would look lovely on you." The old lady said, grabbing the dress Allison liked, along with a very short one and a hot pink one. They both looked horrid. "I've been selling muggle friendly clothes lately, and I've seen that muggle teenagers tend to go for the shorter dresses."

Allison grabbed the dress she liked. "Not to be rude but I'm not a muggle so I don't want that dress, or that pink one." The lady hurriedly put them away and Allison felt bad. (Maybe dating Blaise was turning her into the daughter Gethen Boyd feared having, it was busy turning her into the daughter her father wanted-he wanted a son but if the world gives you the opposite, what can you do?)

The dress Allison had in her hands screamed her. It was pansy purple, with shimmering sequins on the sleeves and at the bottom. Allison knew they'd all get loose because come on, she's Allison Newton, the clumsy daughter of a Death Eater and best friend of daughters who also had Death Eaters for father plus she's dating a Slytherin who's a year below her plus not to mention, she paralyzed Ron Weasley and basically destroyed his entire life which Harmonia got blamed for. But she wanted to dress anyway, even if she were to wear it only one day, and maybe at Elle's wedding, if it isn't already ruined.

"You think it's my color?" She asked Cormac, holding the dress up and Cormac shrugged.

"Put it on and we'll see." He said, glancing around the shop and a pretty red dress caught his attention. He knew red suited Allison because she wore red basically every day of her life. "And this one." He thrusted the dress at Allison, who only raised a brow before the old lady directed her to a changing room where she quickly changed and wore the pansy purple one first.

"So?" Allison asked, doing a little twirl.

"You look amazing." Cormac honestly replied and Allison smiled, rushing back to wear the red one and Cormac told her the same thing and Allison decided to buy them both, even though it took majority of her money. On the way back to the castle, Cormac didn't stop flinging snowballs at her, no matter how many times Allison tried hexing him. (Allison would never say it out loud, but it was very fun.)

☆☆☆

On Christmas Eve, the few students who stayed behind (Allison, Cormac, Masami, Katie, Luahana, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, Parvati and Lavender) all sat around the fireplace, exchanging gifts. Allison gave Masami a bracelet, Luahana a necklace, Harry a pair of Quidditch gloves, Cormac a pair of socks and Katie a set of earrings. The others weren't really her friends. (Hermione did help her with her homework but they weren't friends. She liked Lavender, a lot but still not her friend. She thought Parvati was beautiful but still not her friend. Ginny was cool, she liked her, still not her friend. She only gave Harry the pair of gloves because they were hers when she tried out and Cormac's hands were too big.)

She got a silver chain from Masami with a fire Opal (she thought), Luahana gave her a set of earrings as well, Katie got her a midnight blue dress and she felt bad, for all she gave her was a set of earrings though Katie assured her it was okay. Cormac gave her two records of Johnny Cash's songs, and Allison vowed to listen to them. Hermione gave her a book on Herbology and Allison felt bad, for she didn't get her anything. Hermione told her it was fine.

"Now I don't know which dress to choose from honestly." Allison complained to Masami, Katie and Luahana that night after dinner, holding up all three dresses before she let them fall limp on her bed. "I like this one, Cormac chose this one and it's beautiful and Katie gave me a beautiful one as well and I'm just torn between them."

"I think the purple one will look good on you, but then again red is your color and blue does suite you."

"You really are not helping Masami." Allison groaned.

"I think wear the purple one-"

"Pansy purple."

"Because you wanted to wear it in the first place anyway." Luahana told her and Allison rolled her eyes. "Or you can wear the red one-"

"Firebrick red."

"To please your new best friend. Or you can wear the blue one-"

"Midnight blue Lu."

"To please Katie because she is your friend." Luahana shrugged, and it seemed as though she didn't hear Allison correcting her. (In that moment, just for a tiny fragment of time, Allison finally figured out what she actually wanted to do with her life. Become a fashion designer. Her mother wouldn't approve, neither will her father but who cares about them? This was her future. Not theirs.)

"Don't listen to Lu Al, I'm not forcing you to wear the dress," Katie smiled. "And Cormac probably feels the same way. You just wear the dress you think will be suitable for Slug's party." Katie shrugged then smiled again. "I got invited as well, Dominic Huntley invited me."

"I'm sensing love." Masami hummed before shaking her head. "Disgusting." She made a gagging noise and the three girls laughed at her actions. "I'm so glad I haven't felt a thing for any of the boys here. I mean Harry is good looking, Draco isn't bad either, Cormac doesn't fall far from that tree, Marcus was cute but he's gone now, Oliver Wood doesn't fall far from the tree as well but he's gone and Zacharias is cute but no, he's a muggle-born, my dad would kill me."

"You like all those people?" Allison raised a brow.

"I find them attractive Al, there's a fine line between liking someone and being a full on whore and I'm not keen on crossing it. Unlike Shang, who crossed it with Florence Highwaters and that Circe Wells. Wear the purple one, Blaise won't keep his hands off you." With that, Masami pulled the curtains closed and changed before they heard her going into bed and Allison sighed. She wished she had better friends.