𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙 - 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕪

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Laik! Wake up!" Ryann yelled.

Ugh. Here we go again.

"Okay! Okay! I'm awake now, Ryann!" I shouted.

"Good," she said. "There's an assembly today for a new hockey team. They are Team U.S.A, and I've heard that they're pretty good!"

"Yeah, what about it?" I retorted. It's too early to be talking to each other right now.

"A new team full of boys" she stated.

How could someone be thinking about boys at 6:00 in the morning? My best friend never seizes to amaze me.

I choose to ignore her comment. "Ok Ryann, I'm going to go head down to the showers and get dressed." I said.

"Ok, cool! I'll meet you down there in a few minutes!" She said as she brushed her hair.

I closed the door and walked down the long hallway. I hear someone shout "Hey, Laik!" from a distance away.  I turn around to see one of the Varsity hockey players. Just great. He ran towards me and puts his arm around me. "Desperate much?" I ask. He looks around for a second and looks back at me. "Look Laik, I know we haven't gotten along in the past, but come on babe, you need a boy, I need a girl; let's just get together already!" Ugh, can't he take a hint? I turn towards him and bat my eyelashes. "I'll think about it, okay?" I go ahead and sneak a wink in. He smiles and says, "Okay, babe." He runs the opposite direction to the men's showers. Wow, he really believed that. Ew.

Surprisingly, I get into situations like that a lot. It's the price of being on the dance team and being popular.

I quickly take a shower and put on my dance uniform. They are tight fitting, which I don't like, but the uniform makes me look good in a way. It shows off my curves and makes my butt look bigger, which I guess is okay. It may be extra for school, but it's what Coach tells us to do; I would much rather be forced to wear a uniform than lose my spot on the team as Captain.

I straighten my hair and grab a ponytail and my bow. Crap. I forgot my hairspray. I'll have to redo my hair throughout the day now. Oh well. I start to do my makeup, and I chose to do brown shades, which always compliment my blue eyes. All of a sudden, Ryann walks in. She says, "Woah Laik! You get ready fast!" "Yeah, I know," I say. "I'm usually in a rush to get to school first. You should know this!" I joke. We finish getting ready and begin the long walk to school.

"So, Laik." Ryann says. "Yeah Ryann?" I ask. "Do you think any of the new boys will be cute?" Oh my gosh, again? "Well Ryann, I don't know. Hopefully at least one will be cute, though!" We both giggle. "I hope so too!" She exclaims, a little too loudly. Two of our other teammates, Dannah and Cadie, turn around. Dannah asks, "Oh my god! Are you two talking about the new boys?" Cadie smiles and adds, "I hope some of them are cute, too!" "Cadie!" I shout. "You have a boyfriend!" Being popular comes with it's ups and downs. One of the downs is being in a relationship. I'm popular, yes. I'm single, yes. I don't know why I'm popular, honestly. I mean, yeah, being Captain of the Dance Team could make anyone popular, but maybe it's because everyone knows about my breakup. People are still talking about it after 3 months. Oh well. I don't really care. It's such a stupid 'rule.'

Soon, all four of us are entering the building. There's a teacher directing us into the assembly room, and we enter. Cadie decided to sit by her boyfriend, Rick, who's on the Varsity hockey team. We all take our seats by them. "Oh my god!" Ryann whistpers to Dannah and I. "What is it, Ryann?" I ask. She points directly in front of us and says, "That's a new boy! He must be on the new hockey team!" He wasn't very cute, from what I could see, because he had on a big cowboy hat. Rick notices our quiet conversation and says to the cowboy in front of us, "Hey, you know what? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall." Cadie whistpers to him "Rick! Stop! They're new here!" One of the kids next to Cowboy says, "What?" Cowboy says, "Hey, easy Russ. They probably need to pick on someone else," and glares at Rick and says "I'm Dwayne! We're on the new hockey team. And you are?" As he puts his hand out to Rick for him to shake it, Rick puts his chewed gum and puts it in Dwayne's hand. "Varsity. The only hockey team. State champs? Now, my little brother lost his J.V spot when they brought you yo-yo's in here." The girl next to Russ speaks up. "Probably wasn't good enough." Cadie and Rick exchange glances and Rick leans forward and tells the girl, "That's my dad," and points up to the Dean, Mr. Buckley. After Russ insults Dean Buckley, the three ducks laugh as the assembly begins. Dean Buckley begins to talk about the school being built in 1903, tradition of excellence, and change. I hear Cowboy Dwayne ask Russ what it means and Russ explains it in a horrible way. Ryann and I giggle. Dannah and Cadie ignore them and roll their eyes. Dean begins to talk about the Varsity's 10-year state champion titles, and I look over to see Rick beaming proudly. What a suck up. Everyone starts cheering and clapping and soon, Dean begins to introduce the Ducks. "We proudly open our doors, via scholarships, to the Ducks. So, will you please join me and give a Warrior Welcome to the-"

I hear screams from backstage as the curtains begin to fall. "What the hell?" Cadie yells. Dannah begins to bust out in laughter, while Ryann and I just stare at each other, me giving her 'the look.' We look back onstage, and some kids in helmets, pads, and skates all start to stumble and stand up. Dannah says, "They're so funny, how the heck are they so funny?" At this point she's in tears from laughing so hard. A boy in the middle with a Ducks jersey on says, "Hi. We're the Ducks." Rick spits towards them, while I'm now laughing, along with the 3 of my friends. I'm looking at the group when I notice one boy in almost all black, except for his army jacket. He's wearing a bandana keeping his long hair out of his face. Woah. I stop laughing. He catches me staring and he looks at the floor. Ryann sees that I'm staring at him and she says, "Laik! Do you think he's cute?" Don't get me wrong, this boy was cute. He had black hair that was down almost to his shoulders, bright blue eyes, and an adorable face that made me want to melt, but I had just seen him! I'm not going to tell my best friend if I like someone based off of one glance! I tell her, "I don't know," and shrug. She teases me and says, "Laik's got a crush! Laik's got a crush!" Dannah looks over and smiles. Cadie and Rick can't hear us over everyone's laughing. One of the boys slips, and all of us begin laughing again. Dean Buckley yells, "Students of Eden Hall, report to first period!" Sadly, we all grab our bookbags and purses and we leave the auditorium. "What an amazing start to the morning!" Dannah exclaims. I laugh and Ryann can tell my one glance at me that something else is on my mind. She asks me, "Laik, is everything good?" An image of that boy pops back up in my head. God, he was so cute. I snap back to reality and say, "Yep! Everything's fine." with a smile. We all  chat about what just happened on our way to our first classes of the day. Soon, we all split up, and I enter English class.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you guys for reading Chapter 1! <3

I'm going to be doing daily updates, and I have decided I am going to do 1 chapter per day.

Also, if you can't tell by now, this story is based off of TMD 3! I chose this movie because Fulton is in it a lot. But yeah, thanks for reading and please give feedback or requests! I'm always open to hear what you guys have to say!!

Bye for now loves!
-laiken