𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡 - 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤 𝕕𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake up to a pile of food around me and the smell of pancakes. I go into the kitchen and groggily ask Ryann, "What time is it?" She says, "10:04." I shrug and sarcastically say, "For once I wake up at a decent time." We both laugh and I go back into the living room to clean up the food mess from last night. I think about everything that happened, and I want to cry again, but I know that Ryann is near, and she will come and ask if I'm okay.

Eventually, I finish cleaning and I think to myself:

I need to do something with my life.

I have been wanting a job lately, but I had never gotten around to applying for one.

Then again, my dance studio, Andrea's School Of Dance is right down the road from Eden Hall and I am old enough to get a job as a dance teacher there. I've danced at that studio since I was 3 years old, and my mom used to teach and dance there. On the subject of my mom, I think she would want a say in this. I dial her number on the dorm phone and it picks up after the first ring. She says, "Hello? Who's this?" I answer, "Hey mom. It's me. Laik." She exclaims, "It's so good to hear from you, Laik! How is your new school?"

We chitchat for a while and then the subject of a job comes up. I say, "Mom, do you think that Andrea would let me get a job at the dance studio?" My mom answers, "Of course! You've known her your whole life, and I've known her most of mine!" I say, "Ok! I'm asking because I think I want to apply for a job there." She says, "Ok baby, I'll leave you to it!" and hangs up. I go to the study and sit down to the computer. I type in the website for the dance studio, and I begin to email Andrea. I type:

Dear Andrea,

How have you been? I'm doing great at my new school. Along with the new school, I was thinking about getting a job. I know that I have danced with you at your studio my whole life, and I feel like I need a job that I would love. That job is teaching at your studio. Please consider this, as I am excited to hear your response!

Much love,

Laik Reese.

A few minutes later, I get an email back:

Hi there, Laik!

Andrea here.

I would LOVE to have you as a teacher at my studio! Pay is $12.00 per hour and you will be teaching the kiddie classes, which is always a good start.

I miss you, and I can't wait to see you!

- Andrea Calk of Andrea's School Of Dance.

I scream and Ryann yells, "You okay, Laik?" I yell back, "Better than okay! I just got my first job at the studio!" She comes running in and looks at the emails. She exclaims, "Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!" She squeezes me in a tight hug and then she says, "Maybe you should tell Fulton the good news and talk about what happened last night." I smile and say, "You're right." I put on a cute black dress with a white shirt underneath it and put on my gold choker from last night. I grab the same boots from last night as well. I head out the door and try my best to remember the directions to Fulton and Charlie's dorm. After knocking on 4 different dorms, Charlie answers the door. He smiles and says, "Hey, how are you holding up since last night?" I reply, "Better." I ask, "Is Fulton here?" He turns around and yells, "Fulton, come here!" Charlie pushes me inside and Fulton comes into the opening of the living room. I smile and run up to him. He wraps me into a big hug, and I look over at Charlie, smirking. He says, "Lovebirds." I roll my eyes and look at Fulton and say, "I'm so sorry about last night. I should have defended you and I-" he cuts me off and says, "Laik, it's fine. You've been there for me when I needed it, so I was there for you when you needed it last night."

So he did want to defend me.

I smile and say, "Thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me." He smiles his heart-melting smile and whistpers, "Anything for you." I change the subject by saying, "You'll never believe what happened earlier." Fulton smirks and replies, "What happened?" I exclaim, "I got a job as a dance teacher!" He says, "Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!" He grabs my waist and spins me around in the air. I smile down at him and he sets me down, realizing what he's done. He looks away and says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I smile and reply, "Aw, Fulton! It was sweet!" He smiles and hugs me. Charlie just sighs and goes into the kitchen. I say, "Well, looks like someone isn't a morning person." Charlie laughs and Fulton says, "Well Laik, Charlie and I are heading out to brunch." I say, "Oh, okay. I'll be out of your hair then." As I reach for the door handle, he asks, "Catch ya later?" I smile and say, "Of course." As I close the door, I faintly hear Charlie say, "Dude, just ask her out already. It's obvious that you like her." Fulton answers, "There's no way she likes me.  She's out of my league and I'm pretty sure she just wants to be friends." I smile to myself and begin to walk away and hear Charlie yell, "Whatever, dude! That's just like saying Portman isn't your Bash Brother! It's a lie!" I hear faint laughing and begin to go down the stairs back to my dorm.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

fun facts about this chapter :

the cover picture is an actual picture of me and my dance friends at a dance competition.

my dance teacher's name is actually Andrea, but I changed her last name for privacy reasons.

i based this chapter off of real events, because i actually did get a job at her studio!!

(also im only 14 so that's kinda shocking lol)

news - this chapter was kind of a filler while I'm at my mom's house, because for once, she's letting me have my phone lol.

im going back to my dad's house on Sunday, so i should have at least one more chapter posted before then. (but nothing from the movie.)

ok I'm done annoying yall lol.

as always, please comment and give me your opinion for this chapter and ideas for future content and new books!!

bye for now, loves!!

- laiken ✨