𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜 - 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕧𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣𝕤 (𝟚)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake up to the sound of shuffling around the room. I realize that I'm still on my boyfriend's stomach, cuddling from last night. I slowly get off of him and stand up. I walk to Ryann's room, where I hear the shuffling. I knock on the door and Luis says, "Ryann, is that you?" I reply, "Nope. It's Laik, sorry. I'm guessing Ryann's not in there?" He answers, "Nope." I say, "Okay, sorry to bother you Luis." I can only assume that he's getting his gear together for the game since it's not in the living room anymore.

I walk over to the couch where a sleeping Fulton.

I whistper, "Goodmorning, Fulton." He slowly wakes up and smiles when he sees me. I say, "You gonna get ready for your game?" He says, "Of course. What time is it?" I answer, "Around 9:20." He says, "Oh, shoot!" I ask, "What? " He answers, "The game starts at 10!" I tell him, "I'll make us breakfast while you get ready, okay?" He smiles and gives me a hug. I go into the kitchen and begin to make some scrambled eggs and toast. He steps into the kitchen, with pads on, and I look over. I say, "Wow. You look so tough." We both laugh. I ask, "What about your bandana?" He answers, "Oh, I forgot about that." He gets it out of his pocket and I steal it out of his hands. I wrap it around his head and tie it for him. He smiles and says, "Thanks." I realize how close we are, and I blush.

After we eat, it's around 9:35, so we leave the dorm. I'm guessing Ryann and Luis have already left. When we get to the Athletics Hall, I ask, "Fulton?" He replies, "Yeah?" I say, "What time are you supposed to be there by?" He answers, "9:45. We're good." I nod and say, "Okay."

We walk into the rink, and we notice that there aren't a lot of people here. I walk with him to the locker room. I say, "Good luck, Bash Brother." He laughs and says, "Bye, Bash Babe." I look around for Ryann in the stands, and I find her in the middle row. I sit by her and say, "Hey girl!" She says, "Hi! You excited?" I answer, "Yes!"

Just as we finish our conversation, the J.V team and the Varsity team skate onto the ice. I exclaim, "Fulton never told me they were going against Varsity!" I frown.

This is not gonna be good.

Both teams make circles around each other as they skate out. Fulton catches my eye and smiles. I smile back and make a heart with my hands. He laughs and winks at me.

I see both goalies, Julie and Goldberg talking, and when they're done, Julie skates away, and Rick comes up to her. I notice Rick grinning as she skates away from their quick conversation. I giggle and tell Ryan, "Looks like Rick's got the hots for someone!" She laughs and says, "Yeah, but what about Cadie?" Oh no. I say, "We'll have to tell her at lunch tomorrow." She nods in agreement.

I can tell that Varsity is taunting the Ducks. They taunt Averman and Charlie, and then they move into their starting positions.

As soon as Charlie gets the puck, Scott Whyte knocks him to the ground, and Varsity now has the puck. He quickly gets back up and goes after the puck, while Connie and Guy try to block Cole together. I smile and say, "Aw, that's so cute!" Ryann says, "Yeah. I love how they help each other out on the ice."

As she says that, both of them get knocked down onto the ice. I gasp. Cole is almost at the net when he shoots. Goldberg misses, and that's a point for Varsity.

I boo, along with the rest of the Ducks. I shout, "Come on, Charlie! You got this!" Charlie looks at me and smiles. He skates around the goal, and nods towards Fulton and Luis. They preform the 'Flying V' I see Cole knock down Charlie and Fulton. I stand up and yell, "Come on, Ducks!" Ryann sits me back down and laughs. I say, "He just knocked Fulton down!" She says, "Laik, I know. It's fine! He's a Bash Brother, he can handle it."

Cole hits the puck into the goal, which means another point for Varsity. Varsity taunts the Ducks once again, and Julie yells, "Come on, defense!"

The next play begins, and Luis gets knocked into the wall. Ryann yells, "Come on, Luis!" Luis looks up at her and she gives him a reassuring smile. I look over as I hear a crash, and notice that Fulton has been knocked to the ground! I gasp. I want to run onto the ice and help him up and give him the world's biggest hug, but I know I can't. Stupid rules.

Everyone on the Ducks is getting knocked to the ground. Charlie tries the 'Triple Deke', but it gets blocked and doesn't make it into the goal. I sigh. Rick decides to step up to Connie, and Charlie and Dwayne defend her. I say, "Wow, they make a good team. I bet they would be winning right now if Varsity wasn't cheating." We both laugh and I frown.

Eventually, Charlie knocks Cole to the ground, and Banksie goes to defend Cole. It begins a full-blown argument, so the rest of the Ducks step in. Luis is still in the box, though, but Fulton, being a Bash Brother, goes in to fight Cole and Banksie. I yell, "Come on, Ducks! You're better than this!" I notice that for a split second, Fulton looks at me and shakes his head. I frown and sit back on the bleachers.

I hear someone yelling, and I realize that it's the Ducks's hockey coach. He yells, "Hey! Break it up, now!" I see Cole give Fulton one last shove, and I wince. This is getting bad.

Their coach breaks them up, and I whistper to Ryann, "Do you think it's time that we get out of here?" She answers, "Yeah, but in a minute. This is interesting." I scoff and roll my eyes. Their coach says, "Well congratulations. You've just given up every last bit of your mental stability to the Varsity team, now they know they own you." I giggle at how much he's overreacting. He continues to say, "Now, for the last time: stay away from Varsity! And while you guys are at it, take those Duck jerseys off. The Ducks are dead." I grab Ryann by the hand, furiously, and say, "We're leaving." We walk up the bleachers and I look back to see Charlie and Fulton still in their jerseys. I shake my head. Fulton looks at me and I mouth the words,

My dorm, later.

He nods his head and I wave goodbye to him.

I can not believe how much of a jerk their coach is.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••