𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘 - 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walked back into my dorm and Ryann sprang up from the couch. She asked, "So how'd it go?" I replied, "Amazing! He couldn't have been sweeter!" She exclaims, "Tell me what happened, go on!" I say, "Well, after I told him, he picked me up and twirled me around, and then he-" Ryann cuts in and says, "Oh my gosh! Laik, that's so cute!" I squeal and say, "I know, right? When I had just left and closed the door to their dorm, Charlie was saying something about him liking me and trying to convince him to ask me out!" Ryann smirks and says, "So, what do you think about Fulton, then?"

At this point, I know that I like him as a friend, and I think that he's super cute, but I don't know if I like him like that yet.

I say, "I'm still not entirely sure." She answers, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, just keep telling yourself that." I jokingly roll my eyes and we both laugh. I exclaim, "Don't even pretend that you don't have a crush on Luis!" Ryann gasps. She asks, "How did you find out? I've only told Dannah." I giggle and say, "Girl! It's so obvious, espically with the way you acted with him at the diner the other day!" She smiles. "Okay, Laik. I do like him. A lot. More than I liked Adam. But with what he did to Cadie, I don't think she would be fine with that." I frown and reply, "It's not about what Cadie thinks. It's about what you and Luis think. You should talk to him sometime. I know Fulton and Charlie are going out to brunch at the diner, why don't you go and see if he's there?" She exclaims, "That's not a bad idea! Will you help me get ready?" I answer, "Of course!"

After about 20 minutes, we've picked out a dark blue top and black ripped jeans for her. I let her borrow some silver earrings with a matching necklace and she puts on some black boots. She asks, "Do I look okay?" I reply, "You look amazing, as always!"

I curl her hair and do her makeup in nude shades, and soon, she's out the door, on her way to the diner.

I sit down and watch the television for about 30 minutes, until I hear a knock on the door. I open it, and Fulton is standing there. He says, "Hi," and smiles. I reply, "Fulton! I didn't think you'd come here." I smile and pull him into a tight hug. I laid my head on his shoulder and he gently held onto my back. After what feels like a few minutes of hugging, I pull away and say, "So, why are you here?" He says, "I came to ask if you wanted to hang out. Remember how you said you'd be down to hang out anytime?" I smile and answer, "Of course! Where do you want to go?" He answers, "Well actually, I already have it planned. It's a surprise." I smile and say, "Then let's go! Is it in walking distance?" He answers, "Yes. It's a few blocks from here." Since I'm already dressed and still have my heeled boots on, I just walk out the door. Fulton follows beside me.

We get down the stairs, and into the lobby of the dormitory. I hear a familiar voice, so I look in the direction of the voice. It's Jordan and Adam Banks. Fulton notices me looking and says, "You know Adam?" I answer, "Sort of. Ryann used to have a big crush on him, until she found out that he has a girlfriend." He answers, "Oh. Yeah, that happens to a lot of girls." I say, "That other boy is my ex, Jordan." Fulton replies, "I know, Laik. Charlie told me about the fight." I look up at him and say, "I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner." He answers, "No. It's fine." I reply, "Are you sure?" He says, "Of course."

We quickly walk past Jordan and Adam, because I don't want Jordan seeing me with another boy. He tends to get jealous, even if we broke up a while back.

After a brisk walk out of campus, Fulton covers my eyes and I giggle. We walk a few more steps and he asks, "Do you know where we are?" I say, "Not a clue." He uncovers my eyes, and in front of me is a giant picnic. There's sandwiches, chips, sodas, pastries, and fruits. I gasp and shout, "Oh my gosh! Fulton, this is amazing!" I hug him and he says, "Anything for my friend." We sit down and begin eating. I try to speak to him, but he ignores me. I say, "Fulton, you okay?" He answers, "Yeah, but I'm just having thoughts." I say, "What are they about?" He answers, "Us." I ask, "What do you mean?" He says, "Laik, you're an amazing girl. You're a dancer, you're beautiful, you've been nothing but kind to me, and I love everything about you."

Oh my god. This is really happening!

I grin and say, "Fulton, you're so sweet!"

He cuts in and says, "But I can't keep doing this." I frown and ask, "What do you mean?" He says, "Laik, I can't do this."

I stand up and say, "Fine. You know, I was really interested in you. I think that I may have even fallen for you, Fulton Reed. We could have been something. I could have been your Bash Babe or whatever Rick said. I wanted you. You know that?"

His expression changes.

I can feel the tears coming out of my eyes.

I continue by saying, "Fine. I guess I can't do this, either." I walk out of the area that we're in and head back into Eden Hall. I can hear Fulton far behind me, shouting my name. I don't care. If he doesn't want to care, then neither will I.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

please don't hate me.

it's gonna get better in the next chapters i promise.

hehe

news : i've started a new fanfiction about Kid Blink from Newsies. don't worry! i'm still updating this story every other week!

as usual, vote on this chapter, and comment/request new ideas for future chapters/new books.

love you all!

bye loves!

-laiken✨