Chapter One: Tartarus is My Home!

PERCY

I walked in the dark abyss, letting the trees of the surface disappear as I get deeper and deeper into the pit. After what felt like hours, the long tunnel came to a stop and I stepped out to look at the darkness of Tartarus.

I breathe in the rough air and walked in the direction of the Titan Fortress. I passed by monsters who kept their distance from me. I looked at a cyclops and waved, a huge grin on my face. I walked faster to the fortress and when I reached he large door I pushed it open.

"Father! I'm back!" I yell out and walk deeper into the dark fortress.

A man with dark black hair and bright golden eyes to match mine walks out of the shadows. I grin and run up to the man and jump into his arms.

"Hi!" I say as he catches me. "I missed you." I say as I wrap my arms around him.

He scoffed. "Hardly. If you really missed me you wouldn't stay on the surface with your human friends for so long."

"They're cool though Father."

"They're four years older than you."

I jumped down to the ground. "Actually, Julia and Dave are six years older than me."

My father rolls his eyes. "Is there anyone your own age that you're friends with?"

I tap my chin with my finger. "Nope!" I say popping the 'p'. "Jaime is the youngest and he's sixteen." I tell him as I think about my friends.

"I don't like Jaime."

I scrunch up my eyebrows. "You don't even know him." I say pointing at him.

"I do know that you two were together at one point."

I waved a hand at him. "That's over Father. We're just friends now."

"You're twelve." I shrug my shoulders. "And they are a bad influence on you Perseus."

"Hey they offered. I'm the one who said yes to the cigarette."

"And you haven't stopped since. How long ago was that?"

I cocked my head to the side. "Hmm, I was eight."

My father sighs and shakes his head. "You are so lucky that being my son makes sure that your lungs will not fail you." He pinches the bridge of his nose.

I grin. "Yes I am."

He shakes his head. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes! What's for dinner?" I ask him.

The Titan of Time looks at me. "Whatever you brought from the surface yesterday."

My golden eyes brighten up as I run to the kitchen to smell Chicken Alfredo. I look behind me and run back to get my father. I grab his hand and drag him to the table.

"Woah. I'm going Perseus."

"Not fast enough." I say as I drag him to his seat and sit down next to him.

"I've got all the time in the world." As if to add effect he slows down the time around us. I roll my eyes before closing them and concentrating. The time struggles between us but it slowly speeds up and when I open my eyes, my father is smiling at me.

"You've gotten better Perseus."

I grin. "I've got a great teacher."

"More like an idiot." I hear a voice say as the smell of dinner flows through the air.

"Hola Uncle Iapetus." I smile as he hands me a plate. "And I guess he is an idiot too."

"I am not an idiot." I roll my eyes.