Chapter Thirty-Three: I'm The Nicest Asshole You'll Ever Meet

*mentions of drug and alcohol usage*

PERCY

"Oh, now you finally answer after FOUR FUCKING MONTHS!" Is what I hear when I finally press my phone to my ear.

"Burst my eardrum, why don't you!"

"Perseus, where the fuck have you been? I've tried calling and texting with no reply."

"I was being mutilated, sorry." I said blankly.

"Perseus, what the hell happened?"

I sighed. "Look, I'll tell you when I go there."

"You're coming here? From California?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few hours."

"You better have a good ass explanation for why the hell you haven't answered me."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Bye asshole."

"Bye, dick." I hang up the phone and the Titans stare at me. "What? I'm a nice person."

"You just called them an asshole!"

"I'm only telling him what he is! He almost killed my ear!"

"It wouldn't have."

"Whatever. I've got to go. If you need me, I'll be in New York."

"Don't get yourself killed, Perseus."

I jumped out my seat, thankful I didn't have to spend any more time trying (and failing) to create battle plans. Annabeth could help them more than I ever could anyway. I walk off to my room, dreading how much shit I'm going to get once I arrive in New York.

"You two are still in my room?" I ask in disbelief. Nico and Bianca were curled up in my sheets. Only their heads were poking out and they were close together, as if collecting warmth from the other.

"Your bed is comfy. I don't want to leave."

"You have your own beds. And your own rooms."

"Don't care." They both said.

I sighed and went over to my closet to change my shirt.

"Where are you going?"

"New York. I have some people I need to talk to."

"Bad people?"

"Nah, they're fine. Just some old friends."

"Oh, those people."

"Yeah, them. Where's Luke?"

"Who knows? Maybe he's wandering the halls again."

I sigh and exit my room to find the blonde haired boy.

It took twenty-seven minutes.

"I'm going to New York, Luke."

"What? Why?"

"Dave called. He said he needed to talk to me. He's just going to yell and wonder where I was."

"I'm going with you."

"Luke—"

"Percy." He stepped in front of me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "I'm going."

"But, Luke..."

"I'm not losing you again." My eyes widened at his words. "If he takes you then he'll take us both. I'm not letting you go to New York by yourself."

"Okay." I whispered. Luke sighs in relief and hugs me close to him. "Do you wanna go now or..."

"Now's fine."