Chapter Thirty-Eight: Teach Me How to Kiss

PERCY

"You're a fucking dickwad!"

"And you're fucking annoying!"

"Chaos! Why did I ask you to help us? You're infuriating!"

"And you're not? You're like a fucking child!"

"I'm fifteen! I can be a fucking child if I fucking want you, you asshole!"

"You'll be sixteen in a few days! Not a child!"

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you, too!"

Octavian and I glared at each other, standing super close to one another with my back against the wall.

"How the hell did you even get into my room?" I growled out as he continued glaring, and wishing I would just crumple to the ground and die.

"It was unlocked, idiot."

"Why are you in my room? Fucking dickbag."

"I can't believe I ever agreed to helping you," he breathed out. Feeling his breath on my face made me realise just how close we were.

"I can't believe I ever asked for your help," I repeat. "Now step away from me."

"This is the third time I've caught you all close-up and personal with someone who's not me." My head immediately snapped to my door only to see Luke standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe with and unimpressed look on his face.

"Oh, nice, you're here. Luke, this is the replacement to the replacement since Jason is a dipshit. Obviously, this dude is no better. Fucking bastard."

Octavian glared at me again, but he did step away from me and allowed me to push myself off the wall.

"Annoying idiot."

"I can't believe I ever said I liked you," I muttered.

"Because you're fucking stupid, Perseus."

"Shut the fuck up, Tavy, before I hit you like a fish."

"Stop calling me that!"

"I do what I want!"

"You two argue more than Percy does with anyone else. It's hilarious."

I glance at Luke to see him holding back his laughs as his eyes dart between the two of us. I sighed and shook my head as I walked to Luke and landed my head on his chest.

"It's hard not to, Lukey. He just so...Octavian."

"That makes...absolutely no sense. But since you're Percy, nothing about you ever makes sense."

I frown. "I feel like I should be offended...but it's true so I really don't care."

Luke hummed in agreement before pressing his lips to mine. "Now lets go before your father fries us and serves us for dinner."

*******

"Perseus! How do you kiss?" I choked on my water and began coughing violently as I fell from my chair. "Oh, shit, are you okay? Are you dying? Do I need to call Will? Scratch that, I'm not calling Will. Perseus what do I do?"

"Just give me a second, will you?" I coughed a few more times and rubbed my throat. I blinked up at Nico before I remembered exactly why I was a choking mess on the floor. "Wait, what the fuck did you just ask me?"

Nico's cheeks went red and he turned away from me. "I- uh, I asked you- um...how to...how to kiss someone."

I nodded before going still and blinking. "I need a fucking cigarette." I pulled a pack out of my pocket that I kept just in case something like this happens. I pull a stick out the pack and bring it to my lips before lighting it with a lighter.