Chapter Forty-One: The Mist Does Wonders

PERCY

"Perseus, we have to talk." I sighed, knowing exactly what my father wanted from me.

"About what?" I asked anyway. "The fact that my domain is time travel? Or that I knew and didn't tell you?"

"Both! Perseus, why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I don't know! I just...thought it was better if no one knew. I don't know why, I just didn't see the point of telling anyone."

"So you just kept it a secret?" my father asked, his golden eyes bright in the darkened room.

"Yes! I didn't want anyone to know! What's the big deal? It's not like it would have done anything." My father sat down next to me.

He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair. "So thats why you have many different powers. Time travel basically means that you could change the past, present, or future."

I nodded. "Because time travel has many different paths and various outcomes so I have the different...outcomes between you and Mom. Although, because you never ate Zeus, a shame really, I didn't get that power because you and Mom both didn't...you know." I used weird hand signals to try to convey what I was saying. "You know what? It's too confusing for words and I don't want to talk about that. I also have something very important to do. Where is Uncle Iapetus?"

*******

"We have gathered you all today," I began. I stood before a crowd with Bianca and Nico on either side of me. "Because we have all done many wrongs in the past... How long has it been?" I whispered to Nico.

"Who knows? Just make something up."

"The last week," I announced.

"That works," he whispered to me.

"And what would that 'wrong' be?" Iapetus asked us.

I sighed dramatically and shook my head before looking back to my uncle.

"Uncle Iapetus, it appears...that we have upset...the Pizza Roll God."

Iapetus blinked at me before standing up and walking away.

"Dude, where are you going?"

"I am not participating in this!"

"But you joined the cult! You have to be here for the meetings!"

Iapetus waved and I sighed again. I looked to Nico and Bianca. "It appears we have lost one to the vicious seas of...adulthood."

"I think you lost us all, what the hell us going on here?" Ethan rubbed his arm and stared at us in confusion. He looked to the door and back to us.

"It's a meeting, dummy. Now bring your boyfriend in here so you can stop making those horrible faces at a door. A door!" I actually feel bad for that door. Poor, poor, door.

The son of Nemesis glared at me before opening the poor door and a confused Alabaster came toppling inside. He looked around the room in absolute confusion.

"I don't think I want to know."

"Hey, Voodoo, you should feel lucky. I don't usually let non-members of the group join this meeting."

Nico pulled my sleeve to get my attention. "We've never had a meeting before."

"It's called improvising!" I whisper yelled before looking back to Ethan, Alabaster, and Chris with a wide, (not) innocent smile.

"Is Rachel coming?"

"Nah, she had to stay home today because of her dad. How unfortunate."

Bianca walked away for a bit to get the pizza rolls so I returned to the meeting.