Chapter Thirty-Five: Remember to Say 'Beep' With Sid the Sloth

PERCY

I woke up with a piercing headache and on a bed that wasn't my own. I roll onto my side and let out a groan of pain and curl up into a ball.

Coughs immediately erupt from my throat. I hear a few voices calling my name, but I block them out as ichor gets splattered on the sheets.

"What the fuck?" I hear a voice and groan again before looking around. I see four pairs of eyes on me. My golden eyes flicker to the ichor on the bed before looking back at them. I slowly wipe my mouth with my sleeve and throw my legs off the side of the bed. Before I can even take a step, I'm tumbling down and someone catches me before I hit the ground.

I sigh as they put me back into the bed.

"Percy?" My eyes snap over to the door at Luke's voice.

"Luke." I whisper as he runs at me, knocking me back into the pillows. "Nice to see you too?"

He pulls away and looks into my eyes. I frown at him in confusion. "What?"

"You've been asleep for two weeks, Percy." My eyes widen.

"What do you mean? What happened?" I barely realise when everyone else starts to leave the room.

"You passed out and then Kronos brought you here. They were going to just give you some nectar but Kronos said not to. But then you didn't wake up and he said to go along with it."

"Okay... Then what?"

"Your body didn't agree with that and you got a really high temperature and you were just coughing and throwing up ichor for two weeks straight."

I stare at him with wide eyes before I remember Grover bursting into Othrys. "What about Grover?"

"He told us that Zeus was planning on looking for Othrys and he was going to end the war. He said that he was tired of waiting and the gods are training the campers extra hard."

"Wait, what day is it?"

"June seventeenth."

"Shit!" I try to get up but Luke holds me still.

"Percy, Percy just wait a second." He grabs something from the table. "Eat this."

"What?"

"Just eat it." He says softly and hands it out to me. Since my hands were being crushed, I opened my mouth and Luke drops it in my mouth. I frown at the peculiar taste. I couldn't tell whether it was too sweet or too bitter. I turned my head as a few weak coughs make their way out. When I look back to Luke, he has a small napkins and wipes along my lips with it.

He looks at me sadly before walking to the other side of the room and throwing it away. "Come." He holds out a hand for me when he stood by the bed. I grab onto his hand and he pulls me up and helps me stay on my feet. He holds my hand all the way to the bathroom where he grabs a toothbrush and toothpaste from the cabinet and hands it to me.

I glance at him as I start brushing my teeth. He walks out the bathroom only to return a few moments later with a towel and a few other things.

"I don't have my clothes." I mutter. He just smiles at me.

"I'll get them." I nod slowly before he closes the bathroom door and I shed all the clothes I'm wearing and get into the shower. I sigh as I put soap on my hands and scrub them through my hair.

I let out a hiss as some gets into my eye. I hurry to finish showering and get out and wash some cold water into my eye. "Shit." I mutter and wrap the dark blue towel around my waist and walk out the bathroom.