chap 3

She didn't know why a grin broke free on her lips . Salvation at last . The gods must have heard her silent pleas oh the gods be praised.

She silently prayed to the gods and promised to offer them a young kid should this trouble pass away from her .

The commander bowed low before the king as did all his disgusting friends.king vermol that name sounded oddly familiar .she had heard of him but never had the grace to see him .people say he was a god amongst men, extremely handsome but a monster at heart , the sword was his second half . He went to wars and conquered countries , cities, villages , towns .the town she lives is” ruled under the jurisdiction of king vermol . But handled by the high commander in his absence.

He is known as the sovereign. And feared anywhere he went . Today she saw that what she had heard were true . He was truly feared . She kneeled as well .  “ hail to the sire” they chorused .like puppets in the hands of it's masters .

“ you wish to become your masters equal ” the sire said sword ready to cut through the commanders throat  . For once Regina actually pitied the commander and wandered what he had done to deserve the sires wrath .

“ heavens forbid that I become my masters equal . My complete loyalty is to you and your house hold sire .” the commander stammered eyes showing fear . If circumstances were different she would laugh out loud but she was in a difficult circumstance and something told her she would die a slow horrible and painful death if she tried it.

“ you tried to touch that which belongs to your master ! You touched your master betrothed ! Tell me your punishment. ” as those words left his mouth all color left her face . It was her turn to be frightened . Was he talking about her . ? No must be another person after all the commander is a womanizer . He must have eyed a woman that belonged to the sire himself. 

“ who are you talking about master . Tell me the name of the person and if it be true I promise I will cut off my finger. ” the commander said .

  “ you tried to touch her! ” the sire  said voice as fierce as the wind . even though Regina kept her head  low she could feel his sword pointed to her direction . Her heart could not contain her chest . Her heart beat fiercely . Heavens forbid that it be her . No the gods could not do this after all she had done .since her childhood she had always been righteous , observed the ways of holiness , she paid tithes and offered sacrifices how could they reject her now .

How could the gods be so selfish . She has suffered greatly since she was 12 . She was told to run away from home because of something she had no idea of . Mother sat her on a horse and told her to run from something she didn't know of and she ran until she landed up in the brothel . As a low caste , a slave ! Begging to eat , working for clothes and other things . What more ?

And just when she thought she was finally free . The gods sent another obstacle . Another master . One who would beat her again like others , derile her, Insult her , hit her.

She would never be free . She would never taste freedom as long as she lives.

“ the whore? ” the commander exclaimed bewildered himself. “ pardon my ignorance master but she was assigned to be my bed slave since she was 13 . I didn't know”.   

The sire put his sword back into his sheath . “ I do not understand mercy commander. You will surely pay for every touch your hands made on her . ”

Then he looked at her  . Even though she didn't look she could feel his gaze on her skin “ rise , follow my guard out . He will lead you as instructed . You will be introduced as custom demands."

Without looking back she scrambling on her feet and went to where a tall ,broad chested man stood , he bowed to her and she returned the gesture. She has never been treated as anything more than a rag.

He led her to a black horse and helped her on it . Sitting on his own horse, he began to lead the way. Running away from problems was not new to her . But facing a destiny she did not design was hard . What will become of her, where is he taking her, will she join the league of his many harem women ? Will she become his concubine ? Too many questions kept popping in her head . 

As she departed she could hear screams and begging. Finally she asked herself “what was to be her fate !”