chap 16

Oliver frantically reached for her hands like a man who has been starved of water for so many years . He kept kissing it ...his tears wetting her palms .“ oh sister! Forgive me... forgive this cowardly brother of yours who could not help you when you needed . I wish I could turn back times hands to that moment I would have acted differently. ...sister i was a coward . I just acted brave in front of you then but I was a coward inside ..I was afraid of opposing mother. But I have trained myself for your sake Mia Regina...I will fight everyone for your sake.... including Vermol himself....”

Afraid for her brothers life Regina covered his mouth with her palms ...how did he dare say his name so casually like that .does he want to die. “ lower your voice the wall can hear us ” she warned but he was grinning  . His Regina still cared for him like she used to do .

He hugged her for the last time before leaving her room. Vermol wanted to discuss something important with him.

Speaking of Vermol he looked so worried  . He looked like a man told of his death date. “ she is in trouble Oliver ” he said the moment he entered..  Oliver looked on confused as usual .

“ my wife... your sister Regina is in trouble.” Oliver pulled out his sword . His Regina was in trouble he will protect her this time . He will paint the town red in her honor , he will kill anyone who raises a finger at his little Regina.

“ calm brother put your sword back into your sheath . ” it was a command and Oliver obeyed.

“ Oliver this fight is above me ...or you .or anybody else but...am helpless .”

For the first time in so many years ...for the first time in his life ...for the first time in history...Vermol Acravard ..king of MARDORS ..the sovereign..the almighty ..the bravest ...the Lord  looks defeated

Oliver couldn't believe his eyes. This is truly a sight worthy to behold the gods have finally found a chain suitable for this man and it was a woman.

Vermol Acravard the dark lord ..whose name makes people tremble today is standing defeated before a loyal yet lowly subject.he is letting his guard down for the first time In many years .

He is a man with a dark soul truly ...but even a dark soul is capable of love.

The dark king has finally found his weakness ...his weakness is a woman...a woman who was raised in a brothel . An offspring of lowly farmer and trader... Oliver's own sister ... Regina samore .

“ tell me what I should do sire ... Say the command. You know this lowly servant will follow” Oliver said . Offering him his support.

“ this war is against the gods Oliver ” he stated and Oliver blinked twice. Was his lord drunk... Who would fight an unknown war against the gods... It is like knowing your defeat yet going for war. Who would be that stupid.

“ the gods are trying to take her away from me Oliver. But ..I can't allow that . ” the king said holding Oliver's shoulder for support.

“ but I will fight them ..I will fight them with everything In me ...I will fight them until I drop dead . Are you with me Oliver ”

And Oliver blinked twice again.