chap 10

The night air was cold and the palace was still in a joyful celebration. After the feast every one began keeping their selves busy .

Tonight was the night the king was expected to deflower his Queen . Tonight was the night . That night the whole kingdom bears testimony of the joining of their king to his queen . And Regina wasn't ready.

She had promised the queen mother but she now wished she kept her mouth shut . How would she tell the king. Tell him that she wasn't ready to release herself to him . Not yet . And probably ....not ever .

“ Mia chem” the king called loudly..loud enough for everyone to hear.he was laying his claim to her. she looked his way fear evident in her eyes and he didn't like that.

This man was a merciless man . He has killed and will always kill and today he was going to use those same hands to make love to her . She became afraid. He was going to take her .... without mercy. “should we retire to our chamber" he asked awaiting her reply and she'd dare not refuse “ yes” she said and the crowd once again went wild.

Oh they didn't know what was waiting in store for her. He lead her through many corners , stairs and turnings all the while her heart beating wildly.

Finally he reached a room guarded by two guards “leave us” he commanded . His voice harsh and hard without mercy. This was the man that she was going to bed? She began to tremble.

He guarded her into his room , ....thier room his hands left hers but his eyes never left her body. She knew what he wanted so she went and sat herself down on the bed waiting to endure his touch.

Waiting to keep her misery away .“ is this how much they have hurt you ?”
He asked . Pain clearly lacing his words and she opened her eyes. Only then did she realise she was crying. Did he mean her tears ? He must have thought her weak. She cleaned them . “ forgive me my Lord . I didn't mean to cry in front of you”

The truth was that she cried a lot . It was her best hobby. She was weak , pathetic .“ for 12 years , Regina ... I have been waiting for you for 12 years . And when I finally have you ....I cannot touch you” he said and Regina couldn't comprehend . 12 years? What does that mean ?

How is that possible they had never met have they...? 12 years ? How is that even possible. For a man to await a woman for 12, years .she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out .

He came to her , stood in front of her , took her face in his palms and met her eyes . This man waited for her 12 years they must have met some where . Somewhere she didn't remember . She had to find out where . “ why did you run from me ? ” he asked .hos voice almost in a whisper.

What was he talking about ? She didn't run from him . She had never met him. She ran because.... mother told her to run.  Because mother told her she had to protect herself by running away.

Now when she looked at it she didn't really ask mother the real reason why she was asked to run she just ran because mother said so . “ mother ... Told me to run ”. She replied. Looking down and he raised her eyes again.

His eyes oh how she loved the color of them but that night those eyes held immense pain . Pain she caused but had no idea how.  “ I searched for you . Every where , anywhere ... I waited for you to come back to me...I sat waiting to hear of your return but Mia Chem you never came to me . You hated me didn't you.? ......I  waited. I swear to you I waited but you never came . ”

What was he talking about . How could she had been so heartless . She didn't know they was someone waiting. She didn't know . She stretched out her hands to him . To comfort his weeping heart but he turned from her grasp.

Was her mother keeping secrets from her. ? Was he mistaking her with his mistress ? ....was he drunk? “ my Lord . You must have had a lot to drink ...” she started but stopped when she saw tears in his eyes .

He wasn't lying. Her mother lied to her . Her mother.....hid something away from her . Something that concerns the king and herself. “ behind closed doors you can call me what ever you like Mia Chem. ” he said “ forgive me ...... husband . ” she said. Husband tasted foreign on her tongue but it tasted just right . There was no denying it. This man in front of her is and will always be her husband . Until he rejects her as queen.

He smiled .  “ husband....you consider me as your ... husband.” she looked down . “ you are my husband until the day you reject me as your wife just as you have accepted me .”she replied as meek as ever. She was giving her self to him . She belonged to him .

He walked to her and gave a slight touch on her cheeks.“ what about him ? ” he asked . “ tell me who ... husband” she asked still looking down . “ the commander” ha said and Regina's heart dropped . “ he paid to bed me .... He was to be my bed master” . She felt shameful explaining it . Will he still like  her . What is he thinking about.

“ has he ever touched you .” “ until the day you came ...no husband ” she replied her throat getting dry . Why was he questioning?  He kissed her neck and Regina shivered. “ when I saw him with you I ...lost control of myself Regina." He continues kissing her and Regina closed her eyes and tried keeping her mind clear . Away from all the pleasures she was feeling .“ you stood there angry yet afraid ....and I  couldn't take it . ” his lips travelled further and Regina couldn't  keep it together . She lost herself and moaned. Holding on to his chest . He kissed her shoulder , her collar bone and went back up to her ears and whispered.

“ then I realized you were a brothel girl. Tell me Mia Chem. Was he the only man that has ever touched you. ” anger flooded through Regina's being and she did the unthinkable she slapped him.