A timely rain

They walked in silence to the corner of the apartment, when a torrential rain left.
They ran the remaining stretch, laughing and pushing each other, loosening a few of the tension from the past hour.

They reached the hall of the building.  They jerked to get some water out, as the cold washed over their bodies.
- Well 'Yo, see you tomorrow.
- Where are you going?  Rains too much.  Spend the night here.  We haven't class tomorrow.

Ming hesitated, and then nodded.
He went up quietly, nervous.
They entered.
They took off and left their shoes by the entrance.
Wayo looked for a towel and a change of clothes for both of them.  He gave priority to the oldest to bathe.

He turned on the television, and left it on an entertainment channel, at a medium-low volume.
The rain beat against the window.
As Wayo pondered what had happened, the wind blew violently.

They finished bathing, and went to bed.  Side by side, in the big bed, as they had done so many times.  Although now, a small (or big) difference was present.

They didn't discuss what happened on the date.  Ming respected his silence, but he was dying of curiosity.

They watched TV, until Wayo finally spoke.
--  You know what?  I am starving.