Ming

These weeks have been crazy.
The thing with Wayo , which I had to leave without even starting.
My mother, who called me so quickly and without explanation.
My father....

Rewinding.
I was with Wayo trying to ...
Aishhh, I don't even remember what I was doing!  I just want to see it again.

My mother called.  I left it there.
And I had to travel 3 hours home.
Obviously I worried.
But don't ask me to be clear about my feelings right now.  I don't even know what to feel myself.

My mother communicated again halfway.  I parked on the side of the road and answered.
My father was in the hospital.  He asked me to go there.
I cut and kept going.

I arrived .  The smell of medicine and chlorine hit my nostrils like a knife.
Then I remember everything as if I were inside a fish tank.  Near yet far away, the diffuse sound.
A rare heart disease, said the doctor.  They have to operate.  In USA. USA!
I don't understand anything.

Tell me selfish.  I could only think of Wayo and how I needed him by my side.  I think he was in shock.

At some point, in the confusion I was in. Procedures, filling out papers, calming my mother who was crying at times, seeing my father so fragile lying on a hospital gurney;  more paperwork, tickets, etc, I tried to call 'Yo to tell him what had happened, but I realized that I lost my cell phone.
And the truth is, I don't retain passwords or numbers, so it's impossible for me to send messages through a social network, without having to waste time, which I didn't have.

I just wished inside, that my little one would wait for me only a few more days.

A few more days turned into weeks.
Great anguish washed over my chest.  I no longer knew if it was wrong for 'Yo, or for my father
We traveled, they operated quickly.  But we had to wait to see how he developed, which was quite good thanks to the excellent doctors who treated him.

So then, from long waits in hospitals, being a mainstay for my mother, crying, short visits and uncomfortable trips by plane and ambulances;  we returned to our home.

As soon as they settled in, he gave me the ok, so I could get back to campus.
He reluctantly agreed, because it was night.  I had to promise him that I would be very careful, and that I would warn her when I arrived (I wrote the number on a piece of paper).
I came out as carried by the devil.  I wanted to drive fast, but also, get there.  I was cautious and, thanks to the road that was quite clear (by the hour), I did it in less time.

Park away.  I think it was raining, I don't know, I didn't care, I wanted to get there.

I went up the steps two by two.  Within minutes, I was knocking on Wayo's door.  Timidly at first and then unceasingly.

A small sleepy man opened the door for me, and as I asked permission to stay with him, he threw himself fully into my arms.

I think he missed me as much as I missed him.
My anguish, contained for so long, surfaced.  And I fell apart.