CHAPTER 1

He just lay there for hours. He was lost in thoughts. Thoughts about him. He wasn't ready for this to happen. He didn't know it would happen or maybe he did but he didn't want to accept it. He thought it was unfair. It happened so quickly that he didn't even get a moment to realise it was happening. But now as he's in bed waiting for the moon to go by and the sun to come up, he knows it has happened. And he can't wait to see him again. To feel it all as though he's reliving the first time it had happened.

But he knows, the next time he sees him, he'll fall into the same trance, again. He will only realise it when he's back home, lying on the same bed and flicking the switch of the bed lamp while thinking about him. Is this some sort of spell? It's got to be, he thinks.

His eyelids feels heavy and he feels his head loll to the other side, his cheek pressed to the pillow, as slumber takes over him. But the train of thoughts doesn't just end there. It has now been transformed into a dream; a beautiful dream.

***
He groans when the alarm goes off. His hand flies to the tiny clock on the bed side table to shut it. He's not really a morning person but things change when you're on your own. There's absolutely no time to complain when you have to do your laundry, make your own breakfast, and to clean your home all by yourself.

He hops out of the bed and walks into the washroom. He takes a quick shower and walks out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looks into the mirror and runs a hand through his hair. He wanted to see him today.

As he walks into the kitchen he silently prays there is no cereal so he can go to the nearest store to get it. He also hopes he sees him there. He wonders if that guy does morning shift too.

It was almost six in the evening the last time he'd gone. He saw him standing behind the counter, chatting to an old woman while carefully putting the stuff that she'd purchased into paper bags. He also offered to carry the bags to her car. But when she turned down the offer with a sweet 'No thanks, love. I can handle that', he smiled warmly at her, his green eyes shining bright.

To his disappointment there were two boxes of cereal. He let out a sigh and hoped there was no milk. But as he crossed his fingers and opened the door of the fridge there was just enough milk for his morning meal. The universe really didn't want him to see him today, he thought.

But Zayn was stubborn. He decided he wants eggs for breakfast and so he put on a jacket and a muffler around his neck and stepped out. The cool autumn breeze blew through him, rustling his hair. He loved this weather. It was soo pleasant and peaceful, he wanted to stand there and admire the beauty of nature. But now he had to hurry. He had to go see him. Someone far more beautiful than this weather.

When he entered the store, his yearning hazel eyes wandered around the store to look for him. He wasn't there at the counter. There was a man, in his fifties, grumbling to himself but Zayn didn't care. He just wanted to go back home and settle with cereal.

Just when he decided to leave, he heard a deep, raspy voice.

"what are you looking for, mate?"

His voice gave him chills. His heart fluttered and the butterflies in his stomach were going wild. He turned around to look at him and boy was he Charming! His throat went dry as he was thinking of words he can use right now. When the taller lad raised his eyebrow, he gulped and answered, "eggs".

"Come this way" he said with a smile. Zayn followed the lad, his eyes scanning the lad as he took slow steps, his shoulders hung low. He stopped abruptly which caused zayn to bump into him.

"sorry" zayn said trying to hide the faint blush that adorned his cheeks. The other lad just smiled showing his dimple which zayn thought was soo cute he'd faint right there. He handed zayn a crate of eggs and they walked back to the counter.

"do you live somewhere close?" he asked.

"yeah, just two blocks away" zayn answered with a small nod, his heart beating so fast he could almost hear it.

Zayn wanted to ask him his name, where he lived, if he worked here all day, and if he went to uni. All these questions and the way the green eyed lad licked his lower lip while counting the change drove him nuts.

"Here" he handed him the change and also the crate of eggs. Zayn didn't want to leave, not just yet. He wanted his answers. Before his brain could waste another minute thinking about the worst possible consequence, he was astounded when he heard himself ask "where do you live?"

The lad with soft, brown, adorable curls smirked in response which made zayn regret his words almost instantly.

"at the end of the street, next to the saloon"

Zayn was nervous and he didn't know what to say.

"See you around?" zayn blurted out and it was more of a question than a statement.

The lad chuckled before repeating the exact words zayn had said. His chuckle seemed to calm zayn's jittery nerves. It worked like magic.

Before he could further make a fool of himself he quickly walked out of the store.

Zayn couldn't stop blushing when his smirk kept replaying in his head. He giggled each time he took a bite of the omelette he'd just made. He felt stupid but euphoric. He felt like it was meant to be.

He now knows what had happened to him. He fell in love. He fell for him.

...........................
Hope y'll liked it. XD

Lots of love to @ZAAAAAYNNNNIEEE_007 and @Turtwig19 for the support and motivation.

Thanks for reading!❤️
-Zaynab