CHAPTER 6

Harry was frustrated. He'd picked her up from the airport and now they're in his home.

"I've missed you, Haz." she smiled sweetly as she took slow steps towards him.

They first met at a pub. She was the bartender and they had a small talk when she was serving him a drink. Harry never thought he'd actually take a bartender's number and see her everyday since. He was developing feelings for her. He was being introduced to the concept of love. Or was he? He interpreted love as the connection between two bodies and not two hearts. He was a playboy since high school. Getting a girl was never a problem. The problem was nobody knows he likes boys too. After he'd seen him, he's all he sees.

"Missed you too." Harry smiled back at her and put his hands around her waist.

"You seem disturbed. Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine. How long are you staying here?"

"A week. Do you want me to stay longer?" She smirked and leaned closer to his face.

Harry shrugged and gently pressed his lips against hers. He absolutely loved her kisses. Her tender lips caressed his chapped ones and everything felt perfect. But not this time. He had a strange feeling. It felt like he was doing something wrong. He doesn't deserve her. He needs to tell her about him. But he can't get himself to say it.

All he could imagine was his face, his lips and the way he'd moan when Harry would slide his tongue inside his mouth. The way he'd run his perfectly sculpted fingers through his curls. The way he'd squirm when he'd push him up against the wall and leave a trail of wet sloppy kisses along his neck. The way he'd buck his hips when he'd suck at his neck. The way he'd moan his name and beg him to stop teasing.

He broke the kiss and muttered a sorry before grabbing his car keys and rushing out of the house. He felt so bad for doing that to her but it also didn't feel right.

***
Harry bought a tub of chocolate ice cream and drove off to zayn's. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel while humming along to a song. He wanted to spend some time with zayn. He wanted to know more about him. He wanted to know if he wears sweater even in summers or sleeps shirtless during winters. He wants to know why he chose chocolate as his favorite flavour. He wants to know if he thinks of him and if he does, he wants to know the reason. If he cried after a sad romantic movie or if he stayed up all night because he thought the ghost he'd seen in the movie would yank him out of his bed.

He could only think of how Zayn's eyes would twinkle when he'd see Harry again.

****
The lead of the pencil brushing against the paper was the only sound heard in the room. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his bottom lip tugged between his teeth as he focused. A series of strokes and within no time Harry was with him in the room.

Zayn smiled at his work. He began arranging all his pencils in a kit but he kept that particular pencil which he used to sketch his eyes in a different box. It was special to him.

He placed the sketch where he keeps all his art works. He wanted this one to be special. He wanted to frame it and hang it in his room. He walked over to the cupboard where he keeps the frames and canvas and also some paints. He started looking for a nice vintage frame. He got on his tip toes to reach the box of frames which was on the topmost shelf. The moment he pulled it something fell down and he flinched, accidentally dropping the box too.

"Oh for God's sake." He muttered and crouched down to clean the mess which consisted of some broken frames and some useless canvas paintings he wanted to discard but couldn't because it was his creation or maybe because they were memories.

His eyes lingered on one canvas painting he wished he'd thrown away.
The face he once loved with all his heart but now he wants to forget. Seeing the painting refreshed his memories. He took it in his hands and blew the dust off the canvas.

"Can I move now, Zee?"

"Babe please cooperate. You're gonna love it soo much."

"I've been cooperating for 2 hours, Zayn."

"Alright. You can take a break."

He got up and streched his arms and walked towards zayn.

"No you're not supposed to see it until it's done."

He chuckled and said "okay okay I won't." He sat opposite to zayn and looked at him as he was busy doing the painting.

"What're you looking at?"

"You."

Zayn blushed at that and looked at his boyfriend. "And why are you looking at me?"

"Because you're so beautiful."

Zayn put his brush down and went over to where his boyfriend was sitting. He straddled him and put his arms around his neck and whispered "I love you, Dylan."

Dylan smiled and cupped zayn's face and leaned in.

The doorbell jolted Zayn back to reality. He quickly shoved it in the cupboard and wiped off his tears before rushing to the door.

"Hey" he smiled showing his dimples.

"Harry. Come in."

"Are you okay?"

Zayn smiled and nodded.
"What brings you here, Styles?"

"I thought we'd spend some time together. I brought our favorite ice cream"

"Oh that's so kind of you, Harry."

"Oh that's nothing. There's still so much more I have to do" Harry smirked.

Zayn blushed and went into the kitchen to grab two spoons after which they had their ice cream.

Zayn watched as his long fingers curled around the spoon and the way he dug it in the ice cream. He observed how he devoured the spoonful and allowed it to melt inside his mouth. Zayn smiled each time Harry looked at him. He absolutely loved his dimples. Did he ever observe Dylan this way? Did Dylan get him chocolate ice cream? Did he even know that zayn loved chocolate ice cream?

Was he looking for excuses to hate Dylan or was he finding reasons to like Harry?

..................
Hii guys!
Another update.
Sorry if it feels a little rushed.

Let me know your thoughts on this story so far.

Thank you for reading.
Much love ❤️
-Z