CHAPTER 3

Zayn had sleepless nights and was losing his appetite. He tried and is still trying to get him out of his mind.

He wanted to grab a cigarette and puff out all his feelings. But he had promised his mum he'd never touch that cancer stick after his mum had caught him smoking when he was only fifteen. Promises are meant to be broken of course but not the ones he'd made to his mum. He never smoked again.

He wanted to forget him. He needed help. He quickly typed away a few digits on the phone and after a couple rings he heard the familiar voice.

"Zayn. How are you, mate?"

"Can you come over? I want to talk to you about something." zayn said and hung up

After exactly thirty minutes there was a knock on his door. He opened it and smiled wide when he saw his best mate smiling back at him.

"Yeah I know your teeth are whiter than mine. Now will you let me in?"

Zayn chucked and rolled his eyes.
"yeah. Come in."

"So did you finally decide that you're giving up on your good for nothing theory about love" He spoke up when they plopped down on the recliners.

Zayn knows that nobody but Azlan knows him the best. He was much more stable than Zayn would ever be. He was well organised. He had always been there for him in his hard times. He can never repay him for what he's done for him but he tries to help him out when he needs it. Azlan never really complained when zayn called him at midnight and said he wanted some cuddles. He would just chuckle and tell him he was on his way.

Zayn had met Azlan in high school. It all started when zayn punched Azlan because he thought it was Azlan who messed up his locker. Then when zayn realised it wasn't him he apologised. Azlan asked if he could punch him back in return. Zayn agreed but ran away when he was about to punch him. Well, the punch is still due.

Now when they think about it they only laugh and Azlan still tries to punch him and Zayn still manages to escape.

"No. I want to forget him."

"But why, zayn? You can't keep pushing away everyone. Give it a chance, mate. Live for once."

Zayn shook his head. "The last time I did, you know what happened."

"He was the wrong guy. It just took you more time to come out of that spell and see the reality. He never treated you right since the very beginning of your relationship."

"Exactly. I was so completely besotted with him that I couldn't see how badly he treated me. I let him control me. I let him do whatever he wanted to." Zayn almost yelled.

"But not everyone is like him. Maybe this guy is nice. Maybe he's the one you need. Maybe he'll be the one to pull you out of your misery." Azlan said calmly.

"And what if he's not. What if he plays with me like how that fucker did. I'm not ready for another heartbreak, Azlan." zayn buried his face in his hands.

Azlan put his arm around zayn and pulled him close. "Tell me about him", he whispered.

Zayn looked up at Azlan. "He's beautiful." zayn smiles at the memory of him smiling. "He has green eyes. It's a beautiful shade of green. And his curls, his curls are so soft and adorable. He also has a dimple." Zayn smiled shyly. "I felt weak for the first time. I didn't smirk at him. I didn't check him out. I was nervous around him."

Azlan seemed surprised. "Wow! You're whipped, mate" He laughed. "so whipped".

Zayn rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"The zayn I know is never nervous around hot blokes. So this one's different. And he deserves a chance."
Azlan smiled and rubbed zayn's back.

Zayn was at peace now. He was convinced that maybe he can love someone again. He can fall for someone once more. But then again he's already fallen for him. He has now accepted it. He finally lost to love and he was happy about it.

He secretly always wanted love to win over him. Now it did. Zayn is in love with the boy who stole his heart.

..........................
Hiiii everyone! How are y'all?
Another update. Hope y'all like it.

Thanks for reading.
Love ya loads ❤️

-Zaynab