CHAPTER 8

"Zayn. Zayn. Wake up, babe". The voice sounded like the person had just woken up. It was deep, raspy and just above a whisper. It was familiar. The strong familiarity urged him to rack his brains for that insanely alluring face and just before his face flashed before his eyes he was snapped back to reality.

"Zayn!"

A pair of unfathomable black eyes bored into his enigmatic hazel ones. Sometimes, it took every ounce of energy to teleport himself back from his dreamland to reality. Now that he'd finally processed who it was, he sighed and pushed his hair back. He collapsed back onto the pillow and pulled the duvet over his head.

"Seriously, Azlan? This was such a bad time." he groaned out.

A soft chortle was heard followed by the annoying screech of the curtains being drawn.

"C'mon Zee, it's ten am. How much more do you wanna sleep?"

Zayn threw the duvet off his face and sat up, folding his arms against his chest and huffed out loud.

"I could've seen his gorgeous face if it wasn't for your annoying arse."

Zayn was sure he hadn't seen him lounging around in his house last night. He might have dropped in just a while ago. Zayn always hid a spare key in of the plant pot for Azlan to walk in at any hour of the day.

"Don't you have a date scheduled this evening?" Azlan asked, sitting on the edge of the bed, a smirk playing on his lips.

"What're you talking about?" Zayn furrowed his eyebrows, rubbing his stubble with the back of his fingers.

"Well.... He came over this morning."

Zayn crossed his legs and nodded, urging him to continue.

"He wanted to see you but when I told him you were asleep he left a message for you. He wants you to be ready at five. Said he'd be here to pick you up."

Zayn blushed and fiddled with his fingers. His brain kept replaying Azlan's words and he couldn't stop smiling. He's been on dates plenty of times, but there never was a day when somebody whom he adored asked him out. It was always the other way round. He initiated stuff everytime and of course he wished for the day when he'd dress up to the nines for that one person who'd strummed a melodic chord on the guitar of his heart.

He sprinted to his bathroom and took a quick shower and made sure he used his favorite white grapefruit and mosa mint shampoo. He's been told the fragrance was a total turn on. He stepped out after a mental debate with himself on keeping his beard or not. Yes, he shaved.

He padded over to his closet with the towel hung loosely around his narrow waist. Zayn believed he'd make an impressive fashion icon. That's what he did best, he thought. But now as his hands violently pulled out every piece of clothing he owned, he was losing the 'fashion icon' belief.

"What's the struggle, mate?" Azlan asked, leaning on the cupboard.

"What do I wear?!"

"Is that what you're worried about, Zayn?" He gripped Zayn's arms.
"You can wear anything and the chicks and dudes out there will be drooling and swooning over you."

Zayn rolled his eyes and shrugged Azlan's hands off.
"Yeah right. I'll just walk out in my fancy blue towel."

"Bro, you'd be such a showstopper I swear to-"

"Shut up you idiot" Zayn cut him off earning a laugh from him.
"Moreover, I just want him to swoon over me. Only him."

"Aww! Now isn't that cute?!" Azlan ruffled his dripping wet hair. He then began shuffling through some outfits and pulled out a black skin tight jeans, a white t shirt and a black leather jacket.