CHAPTER 10

"He's so fucking good, mate. Where'd you get him?"

"He's supposed to be my boyfriend." he took a long drag of the cigar. The voice belonged to someone Zayn knew.

"Josh, you're up next. You're gonna have so much fun, I swear." The words were spoken rather filthily.

"Just fucking finish it and leave. He's had too much for today."

"Don't tell me you're actually falling for him. Not to mention he's one hot motherfucker." The room erupted with filthy, menacing laughter.

A brown haired bloke walked in, unbuckling his belt. A wicked grin etched across his brooding face. The way his big, rough hands travelled all over his body urged him to scream and shout. But his throat was sore from the screaming. Nobody cared. Nobody helped him. Not even Dylan. He lay there, helpless and broken.

"Hello baby boy." He checked him out shamelessly. "You're so beautiful."

"Please don't hurt me." Zayn begged, his voice cracking at the end.

"You will love this." He whispered in Zayn's ear and tears streamed down his face.

He buried his face into the pillow and clutched onto the sheets, sobbing, as he mercilessly pounded into him.

He woke up with a start, sweating and panting heavily.

"You okay sunshine?" She carded her fingers through his beautiful black hair.

"Yeah. How are you, mum?" He kissed her forehead and took her hand in his. "I  told you to take care of yourself. If the girls are giving you any trouble let me know, okay? I'll talk to them. But you don't stress, alright?"

"Aye aye captain." she chuckled and Zayn pressed a kiss to the back of her hand.

"I love you, mumma." he whispered while obliviously playing with her hair.

"I know. I love you too, baby."

"Aww how adorable!" The girl, who was probably in her teens, walked over with a tray of breakfast.

"And did you tell him I wasn't well?" Asked Trisha, stressing a bit on 'you'.

"And are you suggesting she shouldn't have?" Zayn raised an eyebrow at Trisha.

Walihya tittered before placing the tray next to her mum. The siblings helped their mum up and propped a pillow against the headboard.

"When did you arrive?" Trisha asked Zayn as she nibbled on the chicken sandwich her daughter had made.

"Last night when Wali phoned."

He was just heading to bed when his phone buzzed on the side table. He had an intuition that something wasn't right when he read the caller ID. There was no other reason for Waliyha to call at 11pm besides narrating her breakup story and weeping over the phone. He made sure she didn't turn into Zayn 2.0. Zayn was very naive and would easily be lured into the bad boys' 'one time thing' traps and would later cry himself to sleep. He can't control Waliyha's life because she had to make her own choices, only he didn't want her to regret her decisions. It broke his heart to hear his innocent sister cry over some douche.

He was certain she didn't get into any new relationship lately and that somehow sent cold shivers to his spine. He tried to ignore the worst-case scenarios popping up in his head before answering it.

"Zayn, can you please come over. Like right now. Mum's passed out. I don't know what to do. Safaa is crying and I didn't phone Doniya because she's not here and I don't want to worry her."

He put on a pair of joggers and a sweatshirt with the phone still pressed to his ear as he tried to calm his sister. He quickly grabbed his car keys and sped off to his mum's place.

He put the phone on speaker while driving because he didn't want to know something had happened and he couldn't do anything about it which technically he still can't but that's just a way he can be accountable to his soul. He didn't bother to park the car properly before he jumped out and sprinted for the front door.

His mum was on the floor and Safaa was sat next to her, bawling her eyes out and occasionally shaking mum hoping she'd wake up. He quickly rushed to her and gently placed her head in his lap and asked Waliyha to get some water.

"Have you called the doctor?"

"Yeah. He's on his way." said Waliyha, who was trembling. Zayn could see her holding back her tears for the sake of Safaa. 'When had she grown so much?' he thought.

"Alright, give me a hand."

Both zayn and his sister carried Trisha to her room and carefully put her down on her bed.

The doctor told them that low sugar levels caused weakness in her body and hence, she passed out. It was nothing major and Zayn breathed out in relief. He never left her side until morning.

"How's uni, love?" Trisha asked.

"Great."

"And what about your passion for art?"

"I'm preparing for the Art exhibition this month. You all are coming." he smiled.

"Of course. Can't miss my baby's important day."

Zayn smiled thinking about all of his paintings back home. There was something special about them. He was in a buoyant mood lately, all thanks to Mr. Styles, and his paintings turned out to be something different from what he usually did. Green was the theme. He'd never taken such great interest in that colour. He loved the satisfaction that came with the brush striking the canvas, the brush gently spreading out the colours of love. His love.

"Is there something you want to say?" asked Trisha with a fond smile.

"There's someone I want you to meet. He'll be at the gallery."

"I'd love to." Trisha hadn't seen his son so cheerful in a long time. He deserved all the love after what he'd been through, she thought.

Zayn didn't know how one person could turn your world upside down and just when you're about to give up, another one comes like a beacon of hope in the dreariest of days. And there in that moment, he knew he found his home.

...........
Hi!
Another update.
I know it's too slow and boring but don't worry, the drama is yet to begin.

Thanks for reading.
Much love
- Z❤️