CHAPTER 7

Dedicated to @justczineedit ❤️
...........

Goosebumps rose as her cold fingers traced his skin. He usually loved how she woke him up every morning when they lived together. He would pretend to be asleep even if he had woken an hour earlier just so he could hear her sweet, a little hoarse voice whisper good mornings' and I love yous'.

Had it been any of those days he'd still stay in bed and indulge in the love she has for him. He turned around to see her smiling at him. He felt a sharp pang of guilt when he looked into her eyes.

He carefully kicked the duvet off his body and sat up, rubbing his face with his palms. He was mentally exhausted.

"Are you okay, Haz? You seem so lost."

"I'm fine, Evelyn. Just pick out a nice dress. We're going over to mum's for lunch."

She ran her finger down his arm and kissed his shoulder. "okay", she replied.

He then placed a soft kiss on her lips and walked into the shower. He let himself drown in the warmth of the water. His emotions and guilt had been washed away, for a few minutes. He closed his eyes and all he could see was his face and his laugh echoed in his ears.

He stepped out and quickly put on a skin tight black jeans and a see through white t shirt with a deep neck almost exposing his chest tattoos. When he looked at himself in the mirror, his eyes lingered on his tattoos which reminded him that Zayn has them too. The black ink on his tanned chest looked magnificent. He wanted to trace every inch of his skin, memorise it. He smiled and slid a few rings on his long fingers before quickly raking his fingers through his brown hair watching them spring back around his face in messed up curls.

Soon after he left Zayn's home last night, his mom had called informing him that Gemma's come home. She asked him to come over at lunch for a little family reunion after almost a year. He was thrilled to meet his lovely sister again.

"How do I look?" Evelyn asked, standing there in a black bralette and a see through white crop top and blue pants with vertical stripes. She paired it with a golden necklace and a purse that complemented the outfit really well.

Harry zipped up his ankle boots and stood up, looking at her. He stepped closer and brushed his knuckles on her cheek. "Absolutely stunning", He whispered.

They drove off to his mum's house which was an hour away. It gave him flashbacks of when he had zayn in his car and they had ice cream. The mere memory made him blush furiously. He just glanced at Evelyn hoping she hadn't noticed him lost in his thoughts and blushing for no reason. She was just staring out of the window. She never talked in car rides. The soft hum of the engine and the trees and other cars that passed by was what she found peace in.

Harry had told his mum everything about her but it was the first time she'll be meeting Anne.
"Are you okay Eve?"

She just hummed and nodded in response. Harry wasn't the type of guy to take girls to his mum's home. He thought it was way too banal.

He quickly set his hair before knocking on the door. Evelyn cleared her throat and sighed hinting that she was clearly nervous. Harry looked at her hand and soon his mind blew up with unnecessary doubts. He inched his hand closer to hers before he pulled it back. He would've done it without a second thought if it was Zayn. He would've wrapped his arm around his waist, kissed his temple and made him feel more at ease.

"Hi my love!" his mum's voice jolted him back to reality.

"Hey, how's m'lady doing?" he hugged her. She softly patted his back. The peace and warmth he found in his mum's arms was what he craved.