Eighteen

•• Harry ••

I drove off from the restaurant and the street. The street where maybe it's now Taylor and I's favorite part of New York.

As I gripped the steering wheel, my eyes focused on the road in front of me, I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander around.

I knew somewhere deep inside me that Taylor will love the place I showed her a while ago. From my observations, she seems to like a more serene and a commodious environment. And I figured that it would be a good idea if I finally showed her one of my secret hiding places where I go sometimes when I need to get away from everything.

And it was definitely a good idea.

The way she was amazed and astonished to see this kind of secluded and blissful side of New York, it just made me happy to see her happy as well.

I honestly don't know why, but just the way she was so happy and excited about such a little and simple thing made me realize that Taylor is definitely one of a kind. And she's a kind that's hard to find nowadays.

I abruptly snapped out of my gaze when I realized what I was suddenly thinking about. Why was why all of a sudden thinking about Taylor? Actually, it's not all of a sudden now, sometimes, the thought of her will enter my mind and it she would cloud my head with the thought of her. But when I try to get rid of her and shrug it off, somehow she always finds her way back inside my mind. Was this normal? I honestly don't think so.

I was already mindlessly thinking about Taylor, Taylor Swift. Who just moved to New York roughly almost three weeks ago.

Goodness, Harold. What in the right state of mind are you thinking about? Why are you suddenly so engrossed and amuzed by her?

My self conscious scolded me mentally. I tried not to flinch or quiver at that. Because it would draw attention to Taylor, who was busily staring at the passing streets we drove by.

We're friends, after all. That's why I care.

I reassured myself. Telling myself that it was maybe alright to care about her because we're friends and she probably cares for me too.

But then, my self conscious snapped back again like a burning wildfire sprung back to life.

That's what you always tell yourself, Harold.

I bit the inside of my left cheek as I tried to shrug off the thoughts that were clouding inside my head and focused on the road.

I tried to calm myself down when another thought formed inside my head, again.

Does Taylor think about this as much as I do. Does this bother her too?

I quietly sighed, knowing that these thoughts were pointless. Why were they even entering inside my head anyways?

I continued on driving, without those pesky thoughts forming inside my head for once and drove straight ahead to Brittany's tea shop.

I parked my car in a vacant slot and carefully tried my best to not bump into anything, cautious to not get my car scratched again.

I've recently got my car out of the auto repair shop, which was yesterday. Because I accidentally bumped into a lamppost which caused a small bent below the trunk of the car. And I've learned my lesson not to do the same mistake again. I wouldn't want to spend another hundred dollars on it, and not to mention I also had to pay for the fine.

When I was contented on how I parked my car, I turned off the engine and unlocked the car doors.

Taylor and I both exited the car, I locked the car with the use of my keys and shoved it inside my coat pocket. We directly walked to Brittany's tea shop and I quickly went forward to open the glass door for her. She smiled at me, the corner of her red lips pulling upwards as her cheeks had a tinge of light pink and she went inside and I soon followed.