Twenty-One

•• Taylor ••

Time really does fly fast, and by that, I meant, it's been already about two months since I first moved here in New York.

Yes, you heard me right. It's been two months. It's seems a bit shocking to know that, and so am I. It was like, I was starting to settle down here in New York, and one moment later, I already feel comfortable here along with its ambience and people.

And in the span of those two months, I could say that a handful of things had happened. First, Selena and Max almost broke up just because they almost couldn't find time for each other anymore. But luckily, they worked it out, and yesterday, they went out to a dinner date. Selena cried her eyes out almost every single night, because she told me that she was afraid to lose him and she didn't know what to do. But I told her that every relationship has its ups and its downs. And that's what a true relationship is. It can't just be all fun and games.

I could also say that my friendship between Harry became closer and now, we hang out casually, we usually hang out during weekends and I come to every single one of his gigs. And in the pub, Chris, Dean's godson, will come by at least once a month to visit Dean. And to be frank, I'm not completely oblivious that I don't notice that he's trying to hit me up. And every time Chris does that, I'd normally turn him down, but he seems persistent.

Anyways, speaking of gigs, there were a handful of songs that he wrote. Just like, Strong, Live while we're Young, Alive and a few more. And as time goes by, the teasing just got worse and more frequent than before than I'd like to. And Harry and I keep telling them that we're only friends, but they'd shrug it off and say that we just don't want to admit it.

Which is completely untrue.

Harry and I were only friends, and we agreed on that label. As much as I trust Harry now and our bond is only getting stronger, I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship yet, and I honestly don't think I ever will. I'm just afraid of the fact that I'm just going to get hurt in the end, and I don't think I could risk another heartbreak. I mean, if I'll just get heartbroken in the end, what's the point of being in love in the first place, right?

Plus I don't think he's finds me attractive in any other way, he only sees me as a friend, just like what I see in him too.

I sighed as I watched the snow cover the window and its frames, making it frosty and crisp from the snowflakes. Of course, from the three months that had gone by, the weather and season had changed too. From orange leaves falling to the ground, this time, it's snow falling from the sky. I watched as the snow keeps falling down, making everything icy and covered in snow. The trees were completely covered with frost, and you wouldn't be able to see any leaves in sight.

I cupped the mug of hot chocolate in my hands and took a sip, the hot and chocolatey rich flavor of the drink went down my throat making it warm.

I checked the time on the clock hanging on the wall, it's currently eight o'clock in the evening, and nothing could go wrong with drinking hot chocolate before bed. I was currently sitting by the windowsill, in the living room. Selena was probably upstairs, inside the library, talking to Max on the phone. They were supposed to have a movie night in the family room, but I think something came up and Max had to cancel.

I think I never appreciated enough how huge Selena's house actually is. Just beside the kitchen, she has the family room where a large flat screen television is placed. Upstairs is where our rooms are located, she also has a office room with all of her necessary files and office things, she sometimes uses the room when she has to do some extra work and answer a few emails from home. Beside the office room, there's the library. The library was a cozy place where three tall bookshelves were placed and two wing back chairs are located and a small chaise lounge sofa as well. And what's the best part of the library is that, that's where the balcony is located.