Twenty-Three

•• Taylor ••

It's been three days since I bought my gift for Harry, and it's been also three days since Karlie made her surprise appearance here in New York.

Last Tuesday night, we did nothing but talked and catched up about what happened these past three months that we hadn't seen each other.

Karlie told us that her now ex-boyfriend, Josh, called her countless times and even went to her apartment just so he can fix the the damage he'd already done. Karlie said that Josh was 'regretting' and he was 'devastated' on the sudden and reckless decision he made.

But Karlie luckily didn't fell for it and every time he'd come to her flat, she'd directly slam the door in front of his face.

And I'm not going to lie, I wished I had that kind of chance and I wished I could've done that to Calvin as well. I wouldn't have just slammed the door in front of his goddamn face for all I know.

And speaking of Calvin, Karlie just informed me that he actually visited our apartment more than once and he was stunned to know that I wasn't there and I left. He even cared to ask where my whereabouts was. And Karlie told him I moved to France so I that I could find a better lover than him, and she even told him to suck his own ass before he left. Yes, Karlie literally said that.

My blood boiled at the thought of Calvin even wanting me back. I wanted to yell at his face and slap some common sense in his head. So now he concerned about me, he's cares now when he's too late. He shouldn't have cheated in the first place if he really cares the much.

I took a deep breath and briefly closed my eyes. I won't let Calvin ruin the rest of my day, he isn't worth the energy and time I'll put into it.

I was sitting on the accent chair in the library, with my phone clutched tightly in my left hand. Selena was probably in her office room because she told us that she had to answer a few emails, while Karlie is either in the room we're sharing together or probably in the kitchen, having her usual red wine.

I felt my phone vibrate from my grip and my short ringtone rang inside the quiet and tranquil ambience of the library. I turned on my phone to see who sent me a message, and it turns out to be Brittany.

I unlocked my phone and went directly to my messages to open her text. This was the first time Brittany had sent me a message since I gave her my phone number a few weeks ago.

And her message read,

Hi Taylor, are you free for today? Maybe we can finally do some designing in my tea shop, just like what we talked about in the past few months.

After reading her text, I quickly replied to her message, saying that I'll be free for today and I could come over to the flowers shop and pick up some flowers and go over to her tea shop.

You might be wondering why I have a free day today when it's currently Friday. Apparently, Lindsey called me yesterday and said that she'll be managing the shop all by herself today. She didn't told me why, but I offered her some help but she reluctantly turned down my offer.

I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and went straight ahead to my room. I'll just have to pick some clothes for me to wear because I already took a shower not too long ago.

I entered my empty room, and went to the adjacent walk-in closet and picked out my usual coat, sweater and jeans.

After undressing my clothes and wearing the clothes I picked out, I went to the bathroom and applied a few swipes of red lipstick on my lips.

I tossed my wallet, lipstick, my, phone and all my other necessities in my purse and went downstairs.

Once I've reached the last step of the staircase, I was about to quickly head to the door and catch a taxi but Karlie suddenly came out from the kitchen with a wine glass filled with her favorite red wine.