Twenty-Four

•• Harry ••

The pounding and aching sensation I was currently feeling inside my head was driving me mad, and the blinding morning light seeping through the windows isn't helping either. In fact, it's just making this situation worse.

I let out a throaty groan once the pounding headache throbbed inside my head even worse. I just wanted to bury my head into my pillows and sink into the duvet sheets until my horrible headache stops, but I know that it wouldn't do me any good if I just lay here and do nothing but complain about my unexpected headache.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and slightly squinted my eyes to adjust with the morning rays of the sun shining through my windows. And with every ounce of strength and energy that I still had, I forced myself to sit up from my current laying position.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand as I took in my surroundings. My window was left uncovered, which explains why the morning sunlight is seeping through and I could see the snow and frost sticking on my windows, I probably forgot to cover it with my curtains again, my white shirt is also thrown on the floor and I was only wearing my boxers.

My bedroom was a bit of a mess, some of my books are misplaced and an empty beer bottle is strangely lying beside the pile of clothes.

A beer bottle? How did that get inside my bedroom?

I tried to remember what happened last night and tried to play the possible events that might lead me to a conclusion or an answer to what happened. But the more I tried to remember, the more my head hurts and the throbbing headache wouldn't go away.

And no matter how hard I try, nothing comes up. I couldn't remember a single thing what happened last night, and I know that my memory failed me to come up with answers for my questions.

I stifled a yawn and went straight ahead to my adjoined bathroom. I've decided that I'll take a nice warm shower to at least subside my headache. And maybe I could drink an advil too, because I'm guessing that I'm experiencing a hangover right now. Even though I only drank one bottle of beer at the pub last night, but judging by the empty beer bottle I have in my bedroom, I'm concluding that maybe something else happened last night that I wasn't really aware of.

After taking a quick shower, I got dressed up and started picking up the mess inside my room, the mess that I still haven't got any idea on how it happened.

I placed the misplaced books back into its shelves, I picked up my shirt from the floor and threw it into the laundry basket, and finally, and I picked up the empty beer bottle.

I furrowed my brows together, and still, I can't remember what happened last night. Not even a single memory or scene could replay inside my head. All I remember was taking Louis, Niall, Chris and Mason home, and that was about it, I couldn't remember what happened after that.

Once I was done fixing up my room and putting everything back into its specific place, I headed downstairs with the empty beer bottle still clutched tightly in my left hand.

My headache somehow subsided, but it wasn't completely gone yet. Even though it wasn't as intense and painful as it was earlier, there was still some kind of remainder in the back of my head that's honestly irritating me. And I knew that I had to take an Advil for this.

Once I reached the last step, I saw Max, who was already sitting at our dining table with his fingers wrapped around a cup of steaming hot coffee and a stack of blueberry pancakes beside it.

He seemed to noticed my presence when he turned to look at me, with his usual annoying cheeky smirk plastered across his face. And when Max gives anyone a smirk like that, it only means one thing; he's about to annoy the shit out of you.