Twenty-Two

•• Taylor ••

The events of last Saturday played inside my head. The memory kept playing constantly, and for some reason I couldn't get it out of my head. It was like a regular reminder every time I wake up in the morning.

Today was currently Tuesday, and I sat on one of the stools of the kitchen island as my cup of coffee sits in front of me. I watched as the steam rises up from the cup, and I mixed my hot coffee with the use of my teaspoon. It was only six fifty in the morning, and I figured that it would be too early if I go to the flower shop at this time, so I decided to past the time with drinking coffee.

I already took a shower and I was dressed up for work. I wore a black shirt, with a thick velvety black coat to cover me up, I also wore a black mini skirt that stops at my mid-thigh, and to finish my winter outfit for today, I wore some  black stockings. And I just realized a while ago that I wore everything in black, which kind of seems like I was going to a funeral or some sort.

I took a sip from my cup of coffee, tasting the hot and bittersweet taste of the drink. I gulped it down, just in time when Selena went inside the kitchen and approached me.

"You're lucky." I heard her say, I furrowed my brows at her, confused at her short and incomplete context of her statement. She sat accross from me as I took another quick sip from my cup.

Selena probably noticed the confused look etched on my face as she goes on to explain herself more.

"I meant, you're lucky because you get to wear casual clothes for work. I have to wear  goddamn pencil skirts or slacks every time. Sometimes I just wish that our company doesn't have this pesky dress code." She added, or more like ranted.

"Rules are rules, Selena. Plus, I think that style suits you anyway." I replied and I heard her mutter something under her breath but I didn't really got to hear on what she said, and I didn't bother on asking because I didn't want to press more on the subject.

"By the way, have you heard anything from Karlie?" Selena asked again, changing the subject.

"No, not really. Why?" I asked, stirring the metal teaspoon inside my cup, watching the coffee swirl around along with its steam.

"She texted me yesterday and said that she has a surprise. Didn't you got one too?" She asks, and I quickly darted my eyes towards Selena's.

I completely forgotten about Karlie's text message two days ago, and I also forgot to reply to her message as well.

"Oh yeah, she sent me one two days ago. She sent me a message the night where I had gone out. And I completely forgot to reply to her. Did you ask what's her surprise?" I asked and I mentally scolded myself for being forgetful about it, so that's the reason why Karlie hasn't texted me these past days. I hope she isn't mad at me, though.

"I did, but she told me that we should wait and see." Selena told me and I heard her mumble something like 'typical of Karlie'.

"Oh, I just hope it's a good one. Plus, I forgot to reply to her message that night, I also hope she isn't mad at me."

"Of course she wouldn't be mad, I mean, why would she be? It's just a simple mistake." Selena said, and she's probably right. I may be overreacting a little bit and I need to calm myself down.

I took a last sip from my cup, before finishing it up and placing it near the sink, and I could see the trace of my red lipstick etched on the rim, leaving a stain.

"So Taylor, it's two weeks before Christmas. Do you have an idea on what you're going to get him this Christmas?" Selena mentioned, and frankly, she doesn't need to remind me, because I already have it planned and I'm actually going to buy my present for him later.