Chapter Twenty-One

My eyes finally began to get heavy as the flame from the fireplace danced across my eyes. I tried to hold my eyes open, but the sleepiness took hold of my eyes, forcing them shut. I ended up getting comfortable next to Jean-Paul just before falling asleep.

The next morning I awoke in my bed still dressed in the clothing from the day before. Jean-Paul ended up making us both some omelets and toast for breakfast. The smell wafting through the entire perimeter of the cabin was what brought me out of my sleep. I wiped the grogginess from my eyes and made my way into the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry if I passed out on you last night," I said in a pleading voice.

Jean-Paul's eyes glanced up from the skillet and met mine. His eyes had a look of compassion and love.

"You don't have to apologize. It was a very busy day yesterday and you needed some sleep. I loved holding you close to me before I scooped you up in my arms and put you in your bed. I hope you slept well."

He finished making the omelets and plated them, before I helped him take them to the dining table. I poured us both a glass of orange juice as we sat down at the table and enjoyed our breakfast.

Afterward, we cleaned the kitchen back up and I made my way back to the bedroom to change into something different for another day of sightseeing.

I got dressed in a pair of Capri jeans and a light blue sleeveless tunic, and put on a pair of white flip flops.

I walked into the living room and Jean-Paul reached out his hand to lace into mine. Then we walked out of the door and to the car for day two of sightseeing.

For the day we had planned to go to the Hollywood Star Cars Museum, the Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster, and some mini-golf.

While we were at the car museum, we were able to take pictures of some cars that were in movies and television series. I had to pose in front of a few.

The mountain coaster was definitely a lot of fun. The experience gave us a personal connection with the scenery of Gatlinburg as a breeze was wafting through our hair at a speed of 30 miles per hour. I sat in front, and Jean-Paul sat behind me and wrapped his buffed arms around my shoulders. We laughed and oohed as we went up through the trees and around the mountains. As the coaster came to a stop, we went to the photo desk and claimed our professional photo that was snapped from the coaster as we were coming down from the mountain.

We concluded our day with some mini-golf. I had never played mini-golf before, but I figured it was something Jean-Paul secretly liked to do. And I was right.

As we pulled into the mini-golf parking lot he exclaimed with such excitement, "I love mini-golf. How did you know?"

I shrugged my shoulders and replied with, "lucky guess."

We walked inside and grabbed the things we needed to play. When we came to the first hole Jean-Paul got a hole in one. I, however, walked up to the hole and the ball barely rolled a few inches. I could hear Jean-Paul behind me trying not to snicker but I busted out laughing which in return caused him to bust out in laughter.

"Here, let me show you," he offered. He guided me to a certain stance and showed me how to hold the club correctly. Then he helped me pull the club back and putt. I let out a cheer when the ball made its way into the hole.

We finished out the rest of the eight holes, and before calling it quits, I had Jean-Paul to pose with me on the last hole as we took a selfie. Some may call me crazy for taking pictures during every activity we have done so far while on our trip, but I want to be able to cherish the memories forever.