Chapter Twenty-Nine

At the reception, we had the regular lights off and strobe lights illuminating the room.

Jean-Paul and I shared the first dance. We danced to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. We also decided to do one last dance with each other before it was time for me to share a father-daughter dance with my dad. The other song I had picked out was "Kiss Me" by the band Sixpence None The Richer.

Jean-Paul and I danced around the room, holding each other close. He twirled me around the room, spinning me in circles as my hair flowed in the breeze. It was at that moment I felt like a true princess. I took Jean-Paul in. I really got a good look at him. He looked so handsome in his black tux, gold dress shirt, and maroon colored tie. His smile really set off the entire look. I was so happy to finally call this dream man my husband. I had to pinch myself after the dancing to see if I was just dreaming. But of course, I felt the pain. I definitely wasn't dreaming.

He finally gave my hand back to my father for our father-daughter dance. The song of choice for my dance with my Dad was "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. My Dad recognized the song, and although he tried to keep his composure, the tears streamed down his face. It almost broke my heart to see my Dad cry. I had never seen him cry before this day. I could only imagine how he must feel to have to give his daughter away, for her to have her last name changed.

My father and I danced together, and soon after, it was time for Jean-Paul to dance with his Maman. The song of choice was "Here For You" by Neil Young.

Watching how Jean-Paul was when he was dancing with his mother was the sweetest thing ever. I wondered if they use to dance together when he was a young boy. They both had tears that fell from their eyes as he would spin her around and flash a smile at her between the tears.

After the dancing was over, everyone joined in to one last dance which was the "Cha-Cha Slide."

I figured that would get everyone out of the sappy sad mood and into a party mood.

It was fun watching my old family and new family dancing together. Even the little kids enjoyed the song, and it was hilarious seeing my colleagues Charlie Browning on the dance floor.

The baker brought out the cake. The cake was a 3-tier cake with white icing. Maroon and gold edible flowers climbed up the sides. The cake topper was a man and a woman embracing each other while staring deeply into each other's eyes.

Jean-Paul and I gathered around the table and made a toast.

"To the rest of our life together."

And everyone chanted, "To the rest of your life."

Jean-Paul and I cut into the 3-tier cake, looped our arms together, and smashed the cake into each other's mouths. Jean-Paul smeared the cake and icing into my face so, I did the same to him as payback. If our life together could be as fun as the cake smashing, then I was sure we would be in for a blast.

After the cake, everyone ate some finger foods and cake themselves before leaving. I gave everyone that came a little goody bag and gave a special goody bag to my girls that stood up there with me at my wedding.

As everyone was clearing out of the party, we began to take the decorations down and clean the church back up before church the next morning. Then we went to rent a room in the hotel for the night for our honeymoon. We had our lives to get back to.

After we got the church cleaned back up, and we gathered all of the decorations together to put into storage, Jean-Paul and I bid my parents good night and we went back to the hotel. The next morning Celeste would have to travel back to Paris.