𝐑𝐄𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙉𝙀𝙓𝙏 𝘿𝘼𝙔

"What the fucking is going on with him?" I furrowed my eyebrows. In front of me, was Spencer playing like an amateur. Looking to my left, I saw the Boosters. "You gotta be kidding me." I groaned. And Baam! Spencer was on the ground. Having enough I walked down to the field and up to Coach Baker. "What is going on, the Boosters are here and this is not how Spencer should be making his first impression."

"I don't know," Baker shrugged.

"How do you not know what's going on with your player? You saw how he plays and this is not it."

"What do you want me to do Ms.Rose?" Baker turned to me.

"Nothing. 'Cause I'm taking over now," I stated.

"What does that mean?"

"You better go break up that fight before something happens," I pointed out where Spencer, Jordan, and Asher were standing arguing. Watching from far back I watched everything go down.

"Come on, bruh. What? Say it again, bruh." Spencer walked up to Asher.

"I will not let you blow this," Baker ran up to break up the fight. "One fight, and you're done. Game over. Cool it. And you... you should know better than this."

" Oh, do not put this on me, Dad. You worked this whole thing up. It was all a lie. Even the guy's permit to be at the school was a lie, a lie to save yourself," Jordan told his father. "Hey, yo, Spencer, you think he cares about you? He's just trying to save his job, OK? - That's... that's what matters."

"Enough."

"Not you."

"Jordan."

"You don't matter to..."

"Jordan, enough. Enough. Back to work," he dismissed them.

"The one thing I told you Baker," I walked up to him. "Don't use Spencer because your team sucks, and that's what you did."

Walking back to the bleachers, I walked up to the Principal and Boosters. "Hello, My name is Mel Rose. Assistant coach at South Crenshaw and Spencer James, number 11's girlfriend," I introduced myself.

"I know who you are," One of the men spoke up. "You're the best from what I hear and see."

"Thank you, I'm here to make a deal."

"What kind of deal?" The principal asked.

"Do what I do best, being an assistant coach,"I smiled.

"I don't think so," One of the boosters said.

"You must not think I'm qualified so let me break it down. I've been coaching Spencer since we were 5 on how to play the game right. My coaching led his team to win the States Champion three times in a row. My coaching is the reason why Baker wants Spencer to play. I let your guy do what he thought was best, but all it did was weaken him with the wrong training. I saw you guys play and let me tell you guys don't win because there is no hard work ethic. Sorry to break it to you, but money doesn't bring in titles. Now you have an amazing coach, but you have boys who are lazy. You have offensive playing defense and defense playing offense. You have boys backing away scared to be tackled. I could've sworn this was a varsity team, not a peewee team," I schooled them.

"What do you want?" The head Booster asked.

"Let me show you what I could do with Spencer and have you decide my offer," I negotiated.

"You have yourself a deal," the head Booster shakes my hand.

"Give me a minute then," I smiled, walking away to the locker room. As I walked closer I heard Spencer saying he was quitting. "You bet your ass you're quitting." I walked in.