𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA

BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

"Mel wait!" Spencer chases after the girl.

"I hate you!" The girl screamed at the boy in front of her. "I hate you so much! You make me sick. It's disgusting how you can stand in that gym and tell me you love me and that I'm the only one!" She cried her heart out.

"Mel-"

48 HOURS EARLIER

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA

BEVERLY HILLS BEACH

"9.5" Ryan scored.

"I had an out of this world idea," Mel jumped on her board.

"Which was?" Ryan looked at her.

"You be my date to homecoming!" Mel smiled.

"I don't know," Ryan hesitated.

"Come on, you yourself even said you wished you could go to a high school dance. And now you can," Mel assured the frizzy haired girl. "Plus, it's not like you having anything else to do,"

"I could rewatch The Hate U Give," Ryan stated.

"Nothing is going to change the more you watch it, Ryan," Mel groaned. "Come on, you know you want to go."

"Why don't you go with Spencer?" She questioned.

"I don't know if we're even together anymore," Mel looked down at the water.

"I mean yeah you screamed at him for not being there when you need him. And yeah he almost kissed your post rehab friend. And he flirts with Layla openly not even noticing. Along with him treating football as his first pro-" Ryan went on. "What did you see in him?" She asked puzzled.

"Honestly 50% of me wanted to follow my father's wishes. The other 50% fell in love with the passion he held when it comes to family and his overall energy."

"I think you guys should just start over," Ryan consoled.

"Maybe," Mel signed." And you're still going to homecoming with me."

"I don't even have a dress!" Ryan exclaimed.

"Leave that to me. You'll look pretty in green," Mel smirked.

𝘉𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘓𝘠 𝘏𝘐𝘓𝘓𝘚, 𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈

𝘉𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘓𝘠 𝘏𝘐𝘓𝘓𝘚 𝘏𝘐𝘎𝘏 𝘚𝘊𝘏𝘖𝘖𝘓

LOCKER ROOM

"All right, all right, listen up, listen up," Billy calls for the boys' attention. Walking into the locker room Mel stood next to Billy. Spencer looked at her, but couldn't help but to feel guilty especially after what happened last night. "Now, I know I've been riding y'all hard this past week. I'm proud of you all stepping up. Malibu's been talking a lot of smack. But if you play like this, they ain't gonna know what hit them." The players agreed with their coach.  "Y'all get out of here. Have fun at the dance tomorrow night. Oh, wait, one more thing. Keep it classy. No drinking. No staying up all night. I need everyone firing on all cylinders. We got a big game this weekend," He listed the restrictions. "Y'all heard?"