𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA

BEVERLY HILLS HIGH FOOTBALL FIELD

"No, no, no! Sloppy. Sloppy," Billy Baker yells at his team looking at the failed play during practice. "Is this the team that just won the division championship? Huh?" He asked, walking into the circle.

"Yeah, coach." a player answered him.

"Play like it! Please! Get it together," He walked away from his players. "Come here, J."

"Alright, let's run back that play again," Mel stepped in as Billy went to go talk to his son. "JJ, fill in for Jordan until he comes back."

"Got it," JJ ran into position. Seeing the players in their position she blew the whistle.

"Ruben, you're the running back," Mel yells to him. "Once the ball is tossed, I need you at that 20 mark ready to go." The boy nodded his head, as the players started over. This time Ruben was where he was supposed to be. "Thank you!"

"All right, y'all. Huddle up," Billy blew the whistle. "I understand it's been a tough week. I understand that. I don't care. If you play the way you have been playing, we are gonna be one and done in playoffs. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, Sir," The team responded.

"Do you understand me?"

"Yes, Sir!" They repeated louder.

"Now, I said at the start of the season, you win, you get recognized. Well, we won. "The L. A. Tribune" has announced their regular season awards.....And I'm humbled as I tell you that I have been named Division Coach Of The Year," He tells his boys the news, as they all cheered for him. "Thank you. All right. For real, I could not have won without each and every one of you players giving your all. And that includes the Division Player Of The Year, Mr. Spencer James." Spencer looked up surprised, as his team cheered for him.

" All right. I'm proud of all of y'all including you Baker. We got a scrimmage on Monday, so, be better. You heard?" Mel chimes in.

"Yes, Mel!"

"She didn't hear you under the loser tone," Billy smirked. "She asked if you heard?"

"Yes, Mel!" They say louder.

"All right guys, hit the showers," Mel laughed, then proceeded to leave herself since she had some things to take care of. "Congrats, Spencer," She tells him, before leaving the field.

CRENSHAW, CALIFORNIA

TYRONE'S HOUSE

"Was it found yet," Mel asked her brother.

"Nah," Tyrone shook his head, sitting down on his couch.

"Well, where could it be?" Mel scrunched up her face.

"I don't know?" Tyrone shrugged.

"I thought you knew everything that went down in your hood," Mel recited after him.

"I do," He answers.

"Okay, who pissed in your cereal because I'm talking about some serious shit right now and you're just shrugging it off?"

"I have more important things to think about right now, Mel," He rolled his eyes.

"And your sister going to jail for a murder she didn't commit is not important?" She questioned loud.

"You should've picked up the gun with a cloth," Tyrone looked to his sister.

"I'm sorry," She apologized sarcastically. "I didn't think it was going to be used for murder against my friend."