Chapter Ten ~ A night to remember

The movie was absolutely terrible, but Scarlett still had an amazing time. Logan had been utterly terrified of it, and it wasn't even that scary. He seemed really cute. The popcorn was also delicious, with the perfect amount of butter. She looked forward to a second date.

After leaving the cinema, she returned home to get ready before going out with her friends. They were desperate to hear about how it went. And Scarlett was desperate to tell them all about it.

She selected one of her more casual dresses accompanied by her slightly lower high heels, before making her way to the bathroom to touch up her makeup.

She didn't notice that the window was open.

Scarlet reached for her mascara and applied a little more to her right eye. She did the same for her left. Next, she added a little more eyeliner and powdered her nose. However, she noticed that her hair was looking a little wild and turned to grab her straighteners. At that moment, the door behind her was ripped open.

A figure clad in dark clothing knocked her out with the shower railing pulled off the wall. She hadn't noticed that one of her shower railing was missing either.

It was Scarlett's self absorption and excitement which caused her death. She had been so focused on getting herself ready that she hadn't noticed someone breaking into her house.

The figure started to fill the sink with water, and stopped when it was full. They then stuffed Scarlett's unconscious head into the water. It was held there for about a minute, during which there was a small struggle.

Within the minute, she was dead.