Chapter Twenty Five ~ The Second Session

I woke up the next morning feeling strangely optimistic. For the first time in a while I'd almost forgotten about the murders and the book. I felt like everything was normal and it was just another day. I jumped out of bed and got ready quickly. I had my second session with Sandra today and I didn't want to be late. She was the only one I could really open up to and tell her what I really thought. One day I would build up to telling her the truth about the book.

I practically ran out of the door and down the street. It was 10 in the morning and my appointment was in 5 minutes. I had planned to grab breakfast at the bakery before seeing Sandra but I had overslept. I had finally had a good night's sleep and I didn't want to ruin that. I kept running down until I finally reached the councillors office.

With a few minutes to spare I pushed open the door to the waiting room and greeted the receptionist. The customer before me had just finished and was leaving Sandra's office. He was a middle aged man who I hadn't seen before and so I wasn't sure whether he was new or not. As he walked out onto the street, Sandra greeted me and led me into her room and towards the desk. I sat down on the chair and watched as she pulled out her big blue notebook and found my section in it. I noticed her desk was cluttered and she seemed stressed. I was shocked, this was so unlike Sandra. Usually she was so organised and calm but today she was on edge and slightly worried. She wrote down the date and time then put her hands down on the table and looked up at me.

These sessions always went by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go again. I felt like I was making such progress with Sandra.

After walking around town for a bit, I decided to stop off at Betty's bakery to grab something for lunch. It was just like another normal day.

As I got home that night I made my dinner and collapsed down onto the couch. I'd had a long day and feeling positive was exhausting! I ate my dinner, watched some TV and went straight to bed. Somehow I managed to get to sleep straight away and just like that I was out like a light.