Chapter Twelve ~ The Poisoned Pizza

Football training had just finished and Logan was packing up his bag. He had just left the gates and started walking down the pavement, with his headphones in.

About 45 minutes later he arrived back at his house and went straight up to his room. It was lunchtime, around 12:30, and he lay down on his bed and started to watch Netflix. His parents were out.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and made Logan jump. He hadn't been expecting anyone. It couldn't be his parents because they had a key and would have just unlocked the door.

He gingerly walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Here's your pizza" said an ordinary looking pizza delivery man, holding up a pizza box.
"Um, I didn't order a pizza. You must be at the wrong house. Honest mistake; all the houses look the same around here!" said Logan.
"Nope, this is definitely the right house. 32 Sunset walk."

Sure enough this was Logan's house and he stood for a while looking puzzled.

"Someone ordered it for you as a gift. Just take it. It's tandoori chicken flavoured, my favourite. I've got lots of other pizzas to deliver and need to get going."

Seeing Logan's uncertainty, the delivery guy said "Look I'm gonna leave the pizza here and you can take it if you want to. Ok?" And with that he walked back down the path onto his motorbike.

Not thinking anything of it, Logan picked up the pizza and went inside. He sat down on the couch, took a slice out and had a huge bite. He swallowed it just fine. It was actually quite delicious. But just as he was going to take another bite, his chest felt weird. Like his airways were being blocked. He gasped for air and collapsed on the floor.

He lay on the floor motionless.