Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Tara

"Come in!" I yelled when someone knocked on my door. I was almost done with my morning exercises when my twin sister Tatiana walked in with dark circles under her eyes and tangled hair.

"Stop studying so late at night or Grandpa will take away your library card," I said, annoyed. Tatiana was a freaking perfectionist when it came to school and when she got to studying, she became a zombie and didn't care for herself. Last time that happened, Grandpa made her stay in the house. She spent the whole week talking to me about the universe and the benefits of pickled onions.

"Sorry. I was stressed last night. I'm done cooking breakfast though, are you going to be finished soon?" She asked.

"Yeah, just gotta do my kegels real quick."

She gave me a disturbed look. "Ew." Anything related to sex creeped her out.

"What? Gotta keep the kitty fit too."

She shook her head. "You're so gross. Just come on so we can leave for school."

"Don't rush me. You should be thinking more about your hair. Look at it." I pointed to her head.

"Glad to see where your priorities are," Tatiana replied dryly.

Getting up, I hurried across the room and grabbed some hair stuff off my vanity. "Shut up and come here. Why didn't you put your scarf on last night stupid?" I sat down on the bed and had Tatiana sit in between my legs, with her knees drawn to her chest.

I took the top right off the detangling spray and poured it all over her head. I was gonna have to put in some work on these damn knots.

"I fell asleep at the desk, actually. I told you I was studying for that biology test we have today."

I paused. "We have a biology test today?" She turned around and stared at me with a 'seriously' look.

"Don't look at me like that. Turn around!" I twisted her head back to the front roughly. "Anyway, you won't find a suitable husband like that, looking like Goku."

"That would be an honor and why do you sound like a mother in 17th century England?" She said, confused.

"Huh?" I asked, confused my damn self.

Tatiana shook her head. "Nevermind. I already have a boyfriend anyways."

I snorted. "I said what I said and meant what I said." I wasn't in the mood to talk about her boyfriend. Too early for that. Instead, I focused on not ripping the hair from her scalp. My fingers worked through the kinks and tangles at the ends. They were the worst. "I just think you're too beautiful not to be taking care of yourself."

Tatiana shook her head. "That's only because I look like you."

"Exactly, so put some respect on my face, you cutie patootie." I lifted her head back and rubbed my nose against hers, fogging up her glasses. She laughed before swatting me away. "Alright, I'm almost finished."

Tatiana may be very smart, but she was dumb when it came to hair, skin, and clothes. I didn't have anything really smart about me, but I could find the best sales for anything and knew what beauty products held all that chemical shit just by a glance. As the older sister, it was my job to make sure she left the house presentable. Though we shared the same face, I thought my sister was beautiful. Besides having the same kinky, shoulder length hair and dark skin, she had a mole under her eye and naturally shaped eyebrows. Mine were hairy as shit and I had to get them threaded often. Tatiana never had to touch her eyebrows.