Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Tara

I honestly have no idea why they even bought such a big cake. Hana was on a diet for the rest of her life and Fern hated sweets. Besides, everyone was too busy partying and trying to get laid. If I wasn't here, no one would've eaten this cake. They should just let me take it home.

I was so busy day-dreaming, that I didn't notice someone else in the kitchen. It wasn't until I went searching for a knife, that I saw another person already looking through the kitchen drawers.

They turned around and I almost died from shock. It was my husband! Oh, I'd thought I'd never see him again. Now it was only me, him, and the cake in the kitchen. We were all alone.

I watched him as he cut pieces up. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to wait for the birthday girls or something, but long as it wasn't me that cut the first piece, it was all good.

Maybe he had just noticed me, but he pointed to the cake with the knife. "You want some, kid?" My excitement died a little when I heard him call me "kid", but I still nodded excitedly.

This wasn't good at all. One part of me was saying he didn't see me as a woman while another was telling me to make him see me as one. Which one do you think won?

I bit my lip and walked over to the counter. Shyly, I looked up at him through my eye lashes, waiting for him to give me a piece of cake. In my head, I imagined him staring while I ate and then I would ask him what he was looking at. He wouldn't say a word, just lean in slowly and wipe some frosting off my lip while keeping some serious eye contact the entire time.

I needed to make that happen. He was in the fridge now, so I quickly swiped frosting off the top of my cake and stuck it on my lips. I acted like nothing was wrong once he closed the fridge after getting a can of soda.

He did a double take. "Kid." He pointed to his mouth. I made my best confused but cute face. I touched the opposite side of where the frosting was.

He frowned and shook his head. "Hold on." Mentally, I was screaming my head off. This shit was actually going to work! I was too busy day dreaming to see the roll of paper towels flying through the air until it hit me in the face. I looked down at it, confused, and then back up at the guy. He stared back at me and then pointed to the paper towels. Quickly, I bent over and picked it up, embarrassed.

"Aye! Break it up!" I heard the music stop and the DJ yelling. Something was going on in the living room. My guess, a fight. Every single house party had one. Which meant it was time to go.

A fight at a house party meant someone was gonna get shot or the police were gonna get involved. I did not have time for either. Sighing, I turned around to say goodbye to my prince, but he wasn't even in the kitchen anymore. Slipped out right under my nose.

I pushed down my disappointment and went to go look for the girls. I pushed through people hanging at the kitchen's doorway, standing on my tippy toes and hoping I might see them somewhere. I spotted Indigo's head, but with how far away she was, it would be difficult to get to her.

"Let's go bitch! Get the hell out!" The yell came from the middle of where everyone was squished. It was hard to make out, but it sounded like Hana. I couldn't help but laugh. That dumb bitch was fighting at her own party! I couldn't help myself, I had to peep this! Bitches love drama.

It's me, I'm bitches.

I tried getting through, but there was literally no space to move and everybody was trying to see the fight. I got pushed and my face went into someone's elbow.