Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Tara

We left the house at 7:30, the three of us squeezing in the back of an Uber. Tati refused to take the bus, saying it was too cold and something about being pimped out. I was just hoping we wouldn't get pulled over. I drew my mini backpack closer to me.

A few days ago, I had met up with Deon. I told him I would give selling a try. At the time, I thought I would only be doing it once, so it wasn't a big deal. I couldn't help but be scared now though.

I sighed. I was overreacting. Everything was going to be fine. It was girl's night! We looked too good to be bothered by anything.

With her two-piece dress, Indigo was the picture of a sophisticated model. The skirt went just to her knees, hugging tightly around her hips but also had a high waist, which made Indigo's tummy look petite. The top was cropped just a bit, ending right below her belly button, leaving a couple inches between the two pieces. The top of the sweater slouched on one shoulder, making Indigo look effortlessly Instagram-ready.

Then there was my baby, Tati. She would have everyone from school thinking we had another sister. Homie looked like she was ready for a concert. As always, I was of course looking like a snack. Nothing new!

"Ladies, we're here." The sound of the driver's voice caught my attention. We'd stopped and I peeked out Indigo's window. There were tons of people, but the house was the first thing anyone would notice. It was huge!

We thanked the Uber driver and got out of the car, all of us staring. Loud music could be heard bumping from inside and color lights streamed from the windows. Some people were in the front talking with each other.

Indigo sighed. "I wish I was rich." I agreed. Even if this house was an Airbnb, I was sure it was expensive. Only drug money could pay for this type of ish.

"Hey Tara. This is Grant Street," said Tatiana. She was looking at the mailbox on the lawn. On the side, it read 36 Grant. Last time I was on Grant Street, I sure as hell hadn't seen a mansion. The rest of the houses were still run down like I remembered. It was very out of place.

"Wow, I wonder when they did this. And why."

"Who knows, but maybe we should go in now. It's starting to fill up out here," said Indigo moving closer to us. More people were starting to arrive.

"You're right. Let's go in!"

Indigo happily went up the steps, while Tatiana slowly walked behind us. Poor thing was already shook. You could never tell with her resting bitch face though. I reached for her hand and squeezed tightly. She turned towards me, anxious. I smiled, hoping I could give my sis a bit of comfort.

Up the steps we went and through the front door. The living room alone looked like it held the entire school. Kids were almost shoulder to shoulder, dancing and vibing along to whatever mumble rapper was playing from the three-foot party speakers. Along the staircase and second floor contained more people, chilling and watching the party below. I made a mental note not to use those stairs. I wasn't trying to die today.

First things first: food. I hadn't eaten a single thing today and I couldn't get turnt on an empty stomach, right? So, I pushed the girls in the direction of where I thought the kitchen was. It was packed in this bitch, but I couldn't say sorry to everyone I passed when I elbowed them.

We managed to pop through the crowd of people and into the kitchen. Thankfully there were only a few people in here.

"Wow," I heard Tatiana whisper. I've seen Tatiana watch cooking shows, so seeing a kitchen like this must've been lit for her. Having marble counter tops and the stoves that sat in the middle of the room meant that you made it in life. This kitchen was also spacious, and I could imagine Tatiana running around making four-course meals. This was her wet dream.