Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Tara

Most of the time, I was a really happy person. Nice too! I just didn't believe in letting yourself constantly get knocked down by life's bullshit. Yolo, right? Plus, it was a fact that stress brings wrinkles and causes the skin to age faster. But after today, I was gonna look fifty-five from the dumb fuck looking at me stupid, sucking his teeth, and just breathing.

I had my hands clasped together to stop myself from choking the guy out. "You're gonna come over here, try to get with me, and then get pissed because I said no? On top of all that, you wanna insult me! Don't be mad at me."

He scoffed. "Whatever. You ain't nothin but a hoe anyway," he said before he walked away.

I was so sick of these dusty ass men. Still annoyed, I turned back around to my burger. It was cold. I couldn't possibly eat it now, which pissed me off even more.

"Ahem." Behind me, someone coughed. What now?! I sighed, exasperated, and turned back around, arms crossed over my chest and with a 'what do you want' look. That quickly turned into hostility when I saw the giant head of curls. What did he want? Was he going to shit on me too?

He had a smirk on his face while he looked between me and the group of guys.

"Yes?" I asked. He was just standing there.

He turned back to me, looking kinda confused. "I just don't understand how stupid that guy could be."

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean he must be dumb as hell to see anything attractive about you."

My mouth dropped to the floor.

He shook his head. "Must be the Henny at 11 am."

I glared at him. "Didn't you call me cute when we were in the office?"

"Yeah, but that was me being nice. Sure, you're cute but your personality is awful," he said waving a hand in front of his nose.

Wow. I was dealing with a complete asshole. Rolling my eyes and acting like the princess I was, I inspected my nails before replying. "Whatever. What the hell do you want?"

"Shouldn't you be in school? What did you do, leave early today?"

"Aren't you nosy. I never even went to school today for your information."

"You didn't?" He asked, but weirdly to himself. "Hey," he said to me. "How's your vision?"

I was so lost. Why did it matter? "Uh, pretty good. Why?"

"No reason. You should be in school though. Your education is important."

I rolled my eyes. Suddenly he was a motivational speaker. I heard a phone ring and I saw Guy I Still Don't Know pull one out of his pocket.

"What," he answered. "Yeah I'll be there soon...yeah." Guy-with-no-name looked at me. "Talking to some stank girl right now."

"Hey!" I yelled before he continued. "Ight I'll be there. See ya." Hanging up the phone, he sighed before turning his attention back to me.

"I gotta go now little girl, but forreal, stay in school. Or you'll really be working for Deon. Anyway see ya stank ass."

I yelled after him when he walked away. "Stop calling me that, guy-with-no-name."

He turned back around. "It's Tre!"

"No one asked you!" I yelled back, annoyed. Why was I being bothered by so many men today?