Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Tara

It was a miracle I made it back last night. Honestly, I don't even remember how I got home, but I was here, and I didn't have any body parts missing.

Slowly, I got up from my bed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. It was time to inspect the damage. I was still in my clothes from last night and they reeked of alcohol. I could feel the paint sticking to my body and all the glow stick bracelets were still working. I lost a heel though.

I walked over to my vanity to see how I looked. Hair was still the same length, color, and I didn't see any fresh tattoos on my body. No bruises either, which meant I made it through the night without falling on my face.

The sound of my phone ringing somewhere in my room caught my attention. I just wanted to smash it because the noise was too much right now. Following the sound to my hamper, I fished it out. Why was it in there, I had no idea. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey girl, what's up?" To my surprise it was Deon. Usually I was the one who had to call him, so I was wondering what he wanted.

"Nothing, I just woke up. Why?" I asked, yawning.

He laughed. "You sound like you turnt up a little too much last night." Yeah, he wasn't lying about that. "Get dressed. Meet me at the club in an hour. And wear something nice." Dude hung up before I could even say anything else.

It was way too early to be wearing something nice, and an hour wasn't even enough time for me to reach my bad bitch final form. Thankfully, this girl was always prepared. I threw myself into action. I ripped all my clothes off and ran to the bathroom. I was going to have to burn myself today. I didn't have time to wait for the water to cool down once I turned it all the way to hot and back to medium.

I swore once the water hit me. Quickly, I reached out of the shower and grabbed my shower cap. I did not have time for wet hair right now. After washing and exfoliating my body, I ran back to my room, naked and still wet. I shook my body to dry myself off before dumping a shit load of Bath and Body Works body butter on myself. Then I ran to the closet while rubbing all that in, multitasking like a boss before I jumped all the way to the back and pulled out my emergency dress.

It was a pink velvet spaghetti-strapped dress that I always had ready in case I didn't have time to figure out an outfit for a last minute thing. I threw that bitch on and grabbed some strappy black heels.

Being careful not to die when I ran to my vanity, I plopped on the seat and got to work. Deciding on black rose earrings, I paired them with a thin choker. My makeup was simple and took about ten minutes tops (thank god for Youtube tutorials.) After that, I just piled my hair into a big bun and called it a day. Quickly, I ordered an Uber, dabbed on some Prada Candy, grabbed a clutch, and bolted.

Grandpa would've whooped my ass for the noise my heels made as I flew down the stairs, but I knew his old ass was at bingo. It was an all day affair with him on Saturdays.

I went outside once my Uber pulled up and got to the club 15 minutes later with 5 minutes to spare. I was like Usain Bolt up in this bitch.

I speed walked all the way to Deon's office. I laughed when Neal whistled as I came up the stairs. When the door opened, I saw Deon on the phone, running around his office. While still talking on the phone, he grabbed me, and we left. It wasn't until when we'd been on the road for about 5 minutes, that he finally hung up and gave me his attention.

"Surprised you actually made it on time," he said, looking over at me, smirking.

Hi, my day was alright, oh you think I look nice? Thank you.