Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Tatiana

I never asked Les why he didn't come to my party. It's not like it really mattered, but I thought boyfriends were supposed to do things like that. Maybe we were so progressive that we weren't obligated to do stuff like that. Even so, I was still curious.

We talked on the phone the day after like everything was normal. We sent memes to each other, talked about video games, the same old shit. Yet something was wrong. I felt like the air around us was suffocating and it made me antsy. I couldn't enjoy doing homework.

So I called Les and asked if he wanted to hang out. He was enthusiastic over the phone, saying he felt like he hadn't seen me in a while and missed me. For a brief second, there was a pause. I was suspicious, but said fuck it and told him I would be over after work.

Next Saturday came and I stood on Les' front porch, waiting for someone to answer the door. I wiped my hands on my pants, not liking the clammy feeling.

A few seconds later, Les' mom opened the door. "Oh! Tatiana, how are you?" She sounded surprised.

"Hello Mrs. Jameson, I'm doing good. How are you?" I asked.

"Not too bad. I was just cooking." She frowned a little. "If I would've known you were coming..."

I cut her off, but gave her a smile that I hoped looked reassuring. "It's okay, please don't worry about it."

She stared at me for a few seconds before smiling. "Thank you dear. I'll go get Leicester." She was about to leave when Les appeared in the doorway, breathing hard.

"Sorry mom, I was in the middle of a match." Mrs. Jameson shook her head before walking back to the kitchen. "Hi babe, sorry about that."

"You're fine." I followed him into the house. From the kitchen, I could hear Mrs. Jameson talking, so I assumed with dread that Mr. Jameson was home. I really didn't feel like seeing him, but I couldn't just throw away good upbringing.

Quickly, I stuck my head through the kitchen doorway and waved at him. He must've just gotten home from work because he was wearing a full suit. "Hello Mr. Jameson, how are you?"

He nodded stoically. "I'm fine, thank you."

I gave a small smile before I left. I let out a sigh when we got to Les' room. He shut the door behind us before he plopped on the bed. He patted a spot next to him, waiting for me to come sit. Happily I obliged, taking comfort in his body heat. It had been a little chilly tonight and I felt foolish for not bringing a heavier coat.

Les grabbed the Ps4 controller and started a game. "So, what's up?" He asked, eyes focused on the screen.

I sighed before letting my body fall onto the bed. "Not much, I guess. Feel like shit."

"Oh?" He said intrigued. "Are you pregnant?"

I sneered before I tossed a pillow at his head. "Yeah right. Unless I've been ghost fucked."

"Or tentacle fucked," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

My face scrunched up. "You are so disgusting. Ugh. Please lay off the hentai."

He chuckled. "Alright, alright. Why do you feel like shit though?"

I sighed again. "I don't know Les. I guess it's about my mom. She made a painting of us. It was beautiful but I don't know. I'm feeling weird about it. And then she sends letters too. You remember me talking about it right?"