The Dream

I looked around. I was in the stairwell again. Patterson was laying on the ground down the stairs from me.
"M... Mike... Please... Help me..."
I tried running to him but the stairs seemed endless. Then suddenly a hand firmly grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. It was Patterson but... His jaw was open and his cheeks torn. His stomach had been mauled open.
Like a deer that had been eaten by a pack of wolves. His fingers were skeletal and sharp but also bloody. His eyes were a pure white, with no pupils and yet they glared deeply into my soul with a burning rage.
"Oh look at big bad Mikey! Mr. All so great!"
The mouth moved but his words sounded too perfect to be coming out of such a torn apart jaw.
"I get that 'Stone Cold Sampson' prevented you from saving me. But my wife?!"
He slashed a hole in my stomach. The pain was white hot and my throat suddenly filled with blood that came out in the form of a cough.
"MY FUCKING WIFE???"
He bit into my shoulder. I yelled out in pain. The searing, hot teeth burning away my flesh made me scream louder and louder. I looked down at Patterson and suddenly he was gone.
"Mommy? Daddy?" I turned around to see Ty wandering alone. Patterson walked into the light. I tried to scream for Ty to run but my voice didn't work. Ty looked to Patterson.
"DADDY!"
He ran to Patterson as he lunged at him. I screamed and shut my eyes to block out Ty's crying from the pain and the sounds of bones snapping. Suddenly, everything was quiet. I looked back to see Ty, face half torn off and a leg missing. Broken and torn off at the femur, bone exposed. He stared at me.
Then said, "Wake up Hamburg."
I cocked my head in confusion. Then, in Sampson's voice, Ty yelled,
"WAKE UP!"
And I woke up to find myself still in the helicopter. I looked down to see the city I lost my best friend in.
I turned to Sampson. "We're landing Hamburg. Get ready!"
I nodded and grabbed my gun. What's going on with me?