Sampson's Return

Sampson slammed his fists together, making a loud boom. He did what I assume was a smirk. Then he spoke again.
"Hamburg! Stand down and let me kill these disgusting creatures... And you and your team... Even your little whore... Will survive..."
He shoved his hands into the ground and pulled back on it. His immense strength let him pull out a section of the street as he lifted it over his head.
"Ten seconds Hamburg!"
I heard the screams of terror behind me. Screams of men, women, and children. All afraid of this monster before them. I couldn't let them die. But if I do, my team could live.
Me and Ella could start a life. I could grow old while she remains as beautiful as ever. I could live to be eighty and have no regrets! Except... I stood in front of the people and the screaming subsided.
I yelled out towards Sampson as I felt the fire burn in my eyes hotter than the city around me.
"I AM SPECIALIST MICHAEL HAMBURG OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY AND I AM GIVING YOU ONE LAST CHANCE TO TURN AROUND AND LEAVE BEFORE I STICK A RIFLE UP YOUR ASS!"
Everyone was silent. Then Ella walked over to me and grabbed my hand while she stood firm and stared out at Sampson. Then Kent came out and did the same, also grabbing my hand.
"Amigo..." He said to me, "Why am I crazy enough to hold your hand and stand in front of the Diablo over there while he's about to throw Morris Avenue at us?"
I chuckled, "You tell me."
Jules jumped next to him and took his hand, "It's for the future!"
Ella chimed in, "For my people..."
I nodded and smiled at Kent. "For life."
He shook his head. "Dios mio... Why am I doing this..."
His eyes met mine and his worry became determination.
"For life it is then!"
We watched as Sampson laughed.
"You're all so fucking great together! But I'm sorry... This is the end of the road... Literally!"
He threw the rock. It was large and fast enough to kill everyone in one strike. I closed my eyes and waited to be crushed under the large street. But suddenly there was an explosion that knocked us all down. I opened my eyes to see the street fall to the ground in pieces, not even getting close to us.
I looked to Sampson's right and saw Grandfather on top of a building. He was wearing a belt over his shoulder with grenades with a rocket launcher in his hands. He threw down an RPG and yelled at us.
"RUN! SAVE THEM!"
He bit at a pin in a grenade and pulled it before throwing it at Sampson's feet. The explosion knocked him down as he roared loudly. I quickly turned around and yelled for the people to run around the building. They did so as I turned to face Sampson. He was starting to stand back up slowly.
I turned around to see if the people had gone. They had, but my team was still there.
"Why are you all still here?" I asked them.
Jules stepped forward first, "For the future."
Then Ella, "For my people."
Then Kent, "For fucking life itself, amigo!"
I smiled and repeated what they said. "For the future... For the people..." I turned and aimed my gun at Sampson. "For life it's fucking self!"