Eve of the Return

We left the home of the Immune and Ella pointed me to the stadium, avoiding deadies as we went. She seemed to know their exact patterns of movement when all this time I assumed it was random. Even the crowz had a pattern of movement. And with this knowledge, we made it to the stadium without any problems. We went in and saw deadies, lying on the ground. Not making any sounds.
"They've been here alright."
Ella nodded pointing at the holes in a few heads. We reached the opening to the field and I stopped her. I pulled out my pistol.
"Take this."
She grabbed it with confusion. "Why?"
I looked out onto the field. "If my team doesn't understand, I want you to be able to protect yourself if I can't."
She shook her head. "I thought you said you trust your team?"
I chuckled. "I trust my old team and I see potential in this one. It's just to be safe."
I met her eyes and she nodded understandingly. I walked out onto the field. I saw a group of soldiers. Kent... Jules... Marvin... Even Sampson was here. They pulled it off without a death. Kent was the first to notice me.
"MI AMIGO! YOU'RE ALIVE!"
The rest turned and started cheering as well. Kent hugged me.
"We thought you were dead amigo!"
Jules jumped on Kent's back, leaving a disapproving look on Sampson's face.
"Yeah! You just disappeared and made us use up half a day to find you!"
Sampson rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses.
"Kent was being an asshole about it and I wasn't gonna have a repeat of last-" He stopped himself. "Yeah."
Marvin stayed back. He said nothing. Kent finally let go.
"So... where have you been my friend? How did you survive? We heard the gunshots and saw the swarm!"
I explained to them about how a little girl helped me and how I was brought to the Immunes. I explained what they were and who they are and what they asked me to do. After I was done, Marvin was suprisingly the first to speak.
"How do we know yer tellin the truth?"
I turned to the entrance. "Ella! It's safe now!"
She walked out of the tunnel, the gun was no where to be seen. I assume she hid it to seem non threatening. The squad all stepped back, Marvin raised his gun. I stepped forward.
"Woah, hey! Easy Marvin! She's harmless!"
Sampson shook his head, "Marvin! Kill that fucking beast!"
Me and Sampson yelled back and forth getting more and more angry with each other when suddenly, the sound of a Barret .50 Caliber Rifle echoed through the stadium.