Serious Questions

Alicia sat in the middle of the room after collecting herself. Eight pairs of eyes stared at her as she processed the information she was just given. She was to be an exchange student in the Devildom, she wasn't allowed to go home, dance battles, and a term paper. That was all she was able to grasp. She was somewhere other than home with a bunch of demons and she couldn't go back for a year. What the actual fuck? This needs to not be real, right now. She thought before seeing a pair of black shoes on the ground in front of her. 

"You must have a lot of questions," Lucifer said as he extended his hand to the girl, who was still kneeling on the floor. She took it and stood up straight. "I'm more than happy to answer any immediate pressing matters." He reached into his pocket and held out a device, it looked like a cellphone, but not one she's ever seen.

She took the device and stared at it. Pressing matters, what would be considered pressing matters? He already said she couldn't go back home, she couldn't get out of the program. Her mind started to race, who would take care of her mom? Who would take care of her siblings? Where did everyone think she was? Did they even know she was gone? How was she going to take care of herself down here? What was the currency? Was the $20 in her pocket going to be enough for at least a few days? Her eyes widened for a second and realized her hair was going to be a mess. Her hand slowly went to her hair. 

"Are semi-frequent trips to the human world out of the question?" As soon as the question left the tip of her tongue, she regretted it. All the questions she could've asked, and that's the one she chose. 

"Why would you need to make semi-frequent trips? Trying to run away are you?" Lucifer asked, an amused smirk graced his face.  His reddish black eyes stared into Alica's dark brown ones, a growl rolled from the back of his throat. "I told you, there's no getting out of this. You're here for the year."

"This isn't about me running away," Alicia said firmly, trying to stand her ground and hold her head up, but she couldn't help but shrink a bit. She moved her hand through her curly dark brown hair. "It's for maintenance."

"Maintenance?" Lucifer asked, standing up straight. "I'm sure everything you need, you'll be able to find down here."

"Do you guys have peppermint soap?"

"What?" 

"Peppermint. Soap. Olive oil spray for hair? Lysol?" Alicia looked at the demon and was a little amused seeing the look on his face, but she kept her face calm. 

"Oh! Human world personal hygiene!" The shortest of the men hopped off his seat and moved quickly to Alicia's face. "Is that how you keep your hair so curly? Or your skin so clear?" As he moved to touch her hair, Alicia quickly blocked his hand with her arm. 

"Please don't touch my hair," Alicia said, looking a little more serious than earlier. 

"Please excuse him, Asmodeus loves everything pertaining to personal beauty," Lucifer said, shooing his little brother. "But this doesn't warrant semi-frequent trips."

"You'll see why it does, but can we at least make one trip so I can get what I need?" Alicia asked, pouting her lips a little. 

"Hmph, fine. Mammon." Lucifer said, looking over his shoulder at the demon who was barely paying attention. "You're going to take Alicia to the human world to get what she needs and see to it that she comes back here."

"W-What?! Why does it have to be me? Why can't Asmodeus go with her? This is right up his ally." The man named Mammon seemed visibly distraught, and it caused Alicia to roll her eyes. What was so difficult about running to the store?

"Because I'm putting you in charge of this exchange student. If anything happens to her, or if she manages to escape your sight and you lose her, Diavolo's vision won't be fulfilled, and I will be very angry." Lucifer held a calm smile as his reddish eyes glared at Mammon's blueish yellow ones. Alicia's eyes darted to the remaining brothers, noticing that they all had dual-color eyes. 

How odd...She thought before she turned her attention to the demons in front of her. Mammon sighed, looking defeated and stepped into Alicia's personal space. 

"Listen up human, because I'm only going to say this once. I'm in charge, what I say goes, and if something happens to you, don't go blaming me."

"But he'll blame you," Alicia said, pointing a low finger over to Lucifer, which caused Mammon to stiffen a bit. 

"I'll be blamed by him but you'll know it's your own fault. Now let's go, I don't have all day." Snatching the mortal by her wrist, Mammon dragged her out of the council room. 

Leviathan looked up from his cellphone and glanced over at Satan. "200 Grim says that Mammon loses the human and we'll have to go get her."

"I'm in," Satan said with a coy laugh, that was quickly interrupted by the sound of a growling stomach. 

"I'm in, he's going to lose her...but I want havoc roasted devil chicken." Beelzebub chimed in, getting up to go to the kitchen to grab a snack before dinner. This was going to be an interesting year.