Missing Pieces

"Sir you can't be here! It's a closed set!" A security guard tried to stop Mammon from walking on to a photo shoot lot, but he brushed him off with ease. He knew his way around a photoshoot, and he knew there would be more guards on him before he found who he was looking for. Lucky for him, she spotted him first, and her scream of excitement stopped everyone in their tracks.

"Mammoney!" A flash of fuchsia sped from the stage to the other side of the room, and Mammon was quickly tackled to the floor. He chuckled and his eyes met the pink ones staring back at him.

"Char, you're not supposed to run like that in the human world. I'd hate for you to get in trouble with Diavolo cause of me." Mammon gently pushed her off of him and got up. He helped her up and couldn't help but smile when she laughed.

"Please, the place is charmed. They won't remember anything I do once they step off. What brings you here? It's been so long." She waved off everyone demanding that she get back into place, and took a walk with her favorite ruler.

He flashed a charming smile and threw his hands behind his head. "Can't I just come to see my favorite ex?"

"No." The witch pushed her hair behind her ears and looked up at him. "Otherwise you'd see me a lot more often. What's it been now, huh?"

"Who keeps track of tha-"

"Almost two years."

"Yikes, really?"

"No...but it feels like it!" She crossed her arms and pouted, and she swatted his hand when he pinched her cheek.

"Sorry, I'll do better." He stuffed his hands in his pocket and walked around the lot with her. "But yeah, I need something."

"I knew it." Charlotte rolled her eyes but smiled a little. "What is it this time?"

"There's this girl."

"Wow. If you demon rulers have nothing else, all of you have the audacity." Charlotte laughed and stopped. She pulled him to have a seat on one of the truck beds. "What's going on? You need a love spell?"

Mammon stopped walking, briefly considering her offer. He wasn't blind to the eyes that were on her, but in the end, he shook his head. "No, I don't think I need it...Do you remember Saphonya?"

"You're dating that crazy bitch?"

"No! I-" He covered his face and sighed, "No, I'm not dating her. But she's making my life Hell because of the girl I'm talking to. She's threatening her." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace Diavolo gave her. "I think she charmed this."

Charlotte took the necklace and gently sucked her teeth. "It's definitely been charmed." She held the gem up to the sun and the two would be able to see a shade stuck inside. "The beautiful thing about home is that you miss all these little things due to the lack of sunlight." She pocketed the necklace and shook her head. "I can take care of this, but it'll take me a while."

"How long is a while? You mean to tell me that you haven't stepped up past a novice yet?"

"Well duh. I don't have a mentor up here. I'm still feeling my way around my magic with the little books I have...Humans are all speculation and no help."

"Charlotte!" The two turned back towards the angry-looking photographer. "Time's money ya know!"

"I'm taking a break Dominic, you know...Those things I'm entitled to? Come back in 15." She turned her attention back to Mammon and shrugged. "Ignore him, he's a dick."

"Want me to rough him up for you?"

"Now what good would that do?"

"It'll make you smile." Mammon watched her pout and he laughed. "Fine, fine...How long do you think it's going to take to get this charm off? I think she really likes this necklace...It's the nicest thing she owns."